Today I Cried Because...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laurav, May 28, 2018.

1. laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

I finally completed every Adventurer's Guild goal, for the first time ever, only to be told on Reddit that the Protector of the Valley achievement hasn't been added to the Switch. I need consoling, as my life feels that little bit emptier without these virtual pats on the back that only gaming achievements can provide. :(

On a serious note, are there any other achievements which are 'Steam Only' (that's what I was told...)? It'd be good to know. Thanks. :)

• Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Star Wrangler

I think you'll find that doing it a second time goes faster. It did for me at least. Chopping up slimes in Skullcavern really sped things up.

• laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

Do you mean for a second time on a different platform (in order to unlock the achievement)? :)

• Git Gud Fox

I just mean doing it a second time in general. The first time I did it, it felt like a real grind. The second time I did it, it passed faster than I expected. The experience ought to be similar between each platform I would expect.

• laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

Oh right. I just meant that I'm sad because I finally managed it, but with the Switch there's no achievement to unlock or gold star to show on the in-game achievements tab.

You're right though, a second time around would be faster. :)

• Git Gud Fox

I think that's because Nintendo is resistant to outside ideas. They "march to the beat of their own drummer." It's why they constantly come up with odd ideas like the WiiMotion controls, the Wii U tablet, and now the new card board Nintendo Labo. It's a double edged sword, though. You can't hit a home run without taking swings which means you can't make the next big thing without trying some bizarre ideas, but it also means they're slow to adopt quality of life or just common features another service might have.

An example is the original Splatoon. You can't match make with a friend, online, and be assured that you'll play on the same team. You can in ranked mode, but you can't in the normal mode. Pretty much every shooter lets you match make into a pre-made team but not Splatoon. It doesn't stop it from being a fun game, but it's a head scratching detail missing because that is just Nintendo's modus operandi.

laurav likes this.
              • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

How would you have felt if it was Fector's Challenge :D

• laurav

laurav Tentacle Wrangler

Fector's Challenge is never happening for me, lol.