Toggle Controls

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Etyk, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Etyk

Etyk Space Hobo

I don't know if I'm alone on this but I find it really painful to press 2 buttons at the same time half of my visit on a planet. My issue is that I prefer walking around carefully looking further while holding my sniper rifle. It's difficult to press those two buttons simultaneously (ctrl and shift, although I've tried with many combinations and it just doesn't work out). So my question is: Can You guys please implement "Toggle Walk" so I can press it just once, and "Toggle Camera". Also I find it odd that You are not supporting additional mouse buttons (4, 5+), I got used to those already and in many games I use my side keys for map, inventory etc.
    Sincerely Traveler

Attached Files:

RafaelOfDarkness likes this.
  2. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you download driver software for your mouse (Logitech Gaming Software for Logitech mice, for example), you will be able to create a Starbound-specific profile and reassign the default Starbound keybindings onto your mouse's side buttons. This is what I do.

I put my tech button (I'm using a mod that assigns both jump and sphere techs to the morph key so that double-tapping A and D isn't necessary) on one of the side buttons, and I put Shift on the DPI toggle thumb button. Push-to-talk goes on the final side button.

The tech mod I'm referring to: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122864845

It's not the same as a toggle, but it might help. Actually though, depending on the mouse software, you can set a mouse macro to turn it into a toggle (press once to hold, again to release), so getting that installed could solve your problem for you.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018