WIP Tokiri's Pet Replacements (Fox, wolf, Red Panda) --UPDATE: Red Panda Finished!-- (:

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by tokiri, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Also, as to animals like cows that people work with like cows- there's yaks. There's also muskox, but they're more closely related to goats, so they aren't technically cattle, but they do look like cows.

tokiri likes this.
    • winterisraining

winterisraining Aquatic Astronaut

Just wondering, do the cats/dogs all have to look the same or can you have multiple styles?

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

I could definitely look into a fennec fox. <:

Thank you for the suggestion Ghost! I really think Yaks would be fun hehe. :D

And hmmm I'm not sure what you mean Winterisraining! You can replace them with anything you can draw. <': Or did you mean can you have different breeds in the same game? :rofl: I'm not sure!
        I think somebody managed to do that in this thread linked below, but I'm not really sure myself.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/cat-and-dog-at-the-same-time.110225/

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I'm glad the yak suggestion might help! And thank you for taking a crack at the fennec fox cat reskin. :3

• TheSage

TheSage Void-Bound Voyager

These animals are fantastic, I wish I were more capable. Sprite editing like this would be awesome. I think I am most excited for the prospect of loads of different animal types that will allow for different sorts of farms. Or maybe like a zoo, thatd be awesome. I saw that you were mentioning animals that products could be made from that wouldn't require the animal be butchered. Have you thought about alpaca for wool and milk, or mammoths for wool and riding?

• tigerkung

tigerkung Space Hobo

• AmasiS

AmasiS Intergalactic Tourist

Red Panda when it Run its turn into dark flash TT

• serpentwined

serpentwined Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm really tempted to make a recolor of your wolf to look like Amaterasu from Okami if you don't mind me doing that!

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Dawh the foxes <3

• Deadcoffee

Deadcoffee Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, your sprites are wonderful! The fox is really the cutest thing ever aaah :DD I'm switching to a dog right now! lol

All of your WIPs look great too, I couldn't decide which I wish to see finished first if I had to. The panther and the deer look awesome but they're also one of my fav animals. The boar is pretty cool too. Just keep up your amazing work! <3

EDIT:
                    I edited the fox file to fit cats too, but since cats have a slightly different set of animations/behaviour, it's not perfect and I'd recommend switching pets to use it. Still, if someone is way too lazy for that, you can use this one. The file is here. Just change the name of the file and remove everything except "cat" and the extension.

I used the fox sitting animation for the cat's "lazy sleep" and edited standing/walking sprite to fit the "bristle" animation (or at least I think it's what the cat is doing in the last 2 sprites of the file).

I hope it's alright, @tokiri !

Last edited: May 13, 2016
                    • xSkellington

xSkellington Poptop Tamer

Ooooohhh that red panda is killing meh :rofl: The shading in this mod is crazy good, keep it up!

I haven't been able to convert xnbs to pngs so I haven't gone about it, but would it be possible to edit the icons of the dog and cat to be the fox, red panda etc in the Cursors.xnb? I just like the extra immersion :nod:

Thanks for showing us your WIPs too!

• Deadcoffee

Deadcoffee Void-Bound Voyager

I tried doing this on my own but the resulting .png file has some weird, "corrupted" parts, i.e. the lights coming out of the windows have pixelated holes... I have the files right here but those glitched graphics... x_x It happens right after unpacking with XNBNode so maybe something's wrong with the tool. I'll look into it later, but maybe someone already knows the solution?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Any new updates for the WIP ones?

• Exhibitioner

Exhibitioner And Do the MONKEY!

These are really nice, got to try these out at some point

I quite like the WIP Panther and Racoon too :3

• ArtiusTheFox

ArtiusTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

I took the fox and renamed it cat.xnb to replace my cat and seems to work fine.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Your sprites are really cute! I got excited when I saw the wolf but then I saw he's meant to replace the horse - I would love to have him as my dog though, is there a way to do that? (Noticing the post above mine, do you just change the file name or is it more complicated than that?)

• ArtiusTheFox

ArtiusTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

prob wouldn't really work from horse to dog since the mechanics for a horse are different than a pet.
                                  Could always try and see though. Might get a bit derpy and funny if it doesn't work so either way its win win just have to backup normal horse.xnb before doing it

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
                                  • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yeah I kinda realized that after I posted that the animations are slightly different for the dog and the horse, so it probably wouldn't transfer over correctly. Shame, I'd love to have a wolf running around my farm. :C

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Awesome!Thank you!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

That raccoon replacement is calling my name *_*