Top 10 Multiplayer Questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yepod, Nov 22, 2017.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yepod

Yepod Space Hobo

Here is 10 questions I see everywhere when multiplayer is being talked about!
    All in one place so you dont have to spend hours trying to find them!

1. How will you set up a server?

Answer: You create a game like always and you will be given the possibility by Robin to build up to 3 cabins. Each cabin will be the other players house.
    2. How do I join my friend?

Answer: Very simple, for steam users you only have to click "Join Game" through your friendslist or Shift + Tab. For non-steam using players the way to join is TBD.

3. When will the Multiplayer update arrive?

Answer: There is no exact date, however it is getting released late 2017 (December) or in the early 2018 (Spring). Most likely you will be able to try the mod/update late 2017 and the update will arrive as final product in the Spring of 2018.
    4. Will you be able to marry the other player?

Answer: Yes you will be able to do so (Most likely). They are thinking about it and they are trying to make that happen, however it all depends on if they are able to make it!
      However they have also said that you should not expect it at release. Might be in the future of the Multiplayer update.
    5. Can we be at different locations at once?

Answer: For you to be at the beach while your friend is in the mine, is indeed possible.
      You can be at completely different locations while playing.

6. How about Festivals?

Answer: Festivals will be just as before, no changes at all except that only the owner of the server can start them. Ex. Flower dance festival starts at 09:00AM, both of you are there and in the middle of the event the owner goes afk. Well you can not get out or start the event until he says so.
    7. How does the loot/inventory work?

Answer: Every player has thier own inventory. When Farmhand 1 logs out his entire inventory will be in a chest of the cabin that he lives in. When a farmhand is not connected, their inventory can be managed through a chest in their cabin basically.

8. What is the difference between the Host and Farmhand?

Answer: Not much at all. The only difference will be when to sleep, when to start and end festivals, and whether to side with Joja, for instance.
    9. Is it going to become a DLC? Is it going to cost?

Answer
      : This will not become a DLC that you have to buy no! It is basically only going to be a normal update but a huge one! He confirmed this in the Tweet November 14:th where he talks about the purple boat that will be a little extra content for the game both in single as in multiplayer. He says
      "I'm working on some new Stardew Valley content, to be released with the upcoming FREE multiplayer update. This will affect single-player, too! I'll share more when the release gets closer. Though I'll keep some things secret (more fun)" as you see I marked the word FREE.
      So no this is going to be 100% free.

10. Can you use an already existing world into the multipalyer?

Answer
      : Yes you can. All you got to do is login to the specifik character and go to Robin and tell her to build the cabins somewhere on your land. And after that it is possible to join for your friends to come join you!

That is all for now, but of course I will have a lookout in the comment section if there is any other questions and I will try to answer them if I can.
      Have a continued blasting day//William 'Yepod' Rossander

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
      LadySurly likes this.
    • TheBerginator

TheBerginator Space Spelunker

The only thing thing that is on my mind about this, is what if the main farmer (not farm hand) , quits the game? Does the entire game close and kick the farm hands out or are they still free to play while the main farmer is offline?

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will the cabins be upgradable?