Modding Help Total newb at creating mods; send halp

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SkyeTheTerribleBeastie, Oct 7, 2017.

1. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

So basically I'm adding a single item to the template mod, following it's format as well as I could, but it's not working and I just KNOW it's something stupid obvious I'm not seeing. It's attempting to add a placable flag, like the species flags.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

Your player.config.patch has an extra ",".

It is:
    Code:
    [
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"test_blade"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"test_bench"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"template_head"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"template_chest"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"template_legs"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"aceflag"} },
    ]
    But it should be:
    Code:
    [
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"test_blade"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"test_bench"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"template_head"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"template_chest"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"template_legs"} },
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"aceflag"} }
    ]

3. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh my gawd see? I knew it was something small and stupid.
    Changed, testing.
    Now it works completely! Awesome. Wasn't too hard. I'll keep poking at adding items, see what I can actually do with this...

By the looks of it, the first issue was caused by that extra "," that told it to load another item after it, but there was no next item to load, so it errored.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.