RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Buy a tractor to more efficiently till/fertilize/seed/water/harvest crops, clear rocks, etc:
    [​IMG]

See Nexus page for details.

This is a continuation of @lambui's now-inactive TractorMod with their permission.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
      Tygress, Xuomi, Flumme and 1 other person like this.
    • Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

The mod works great - without any problems. And I LOVE it to drive with the tractor, makes really a lot of fun. THANKS! :)

But: Could it be possible to have both - the horse AND the tractor? I miss my horse really. And now when I use my Horse whistle - the tractor comes and not my sweet horse. :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Flumme The mod shouldn't replace your horse. Are you sure he isn't still around somewhere? I'll look into a way to avoid confusing Horse Whistle. :)
        upload_2017-8-18_18-45-53.png

• Flumme

I'm a gaming Noob to be honest. ;) Could be that I have done an error.

First I built a Tractor/Garage. Everything works great. It's really incredible!! THANKS A LOT again. :D

Than I built a stable and it is ... empty. :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Flumme I have an idea how to fix the horse/tractor confusion. I'm traveling this weekend, but I'll look into it for a release next week if it works. :)

Flumme likes this.
            • Amburr

Amburr Phantasmal Quasar

Could I make a recolor request for my husband?
              [​IMG]

• lionheart6

lionheart6 Space Hobo

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how to add "Axe" as one of the available tool selections for the tractor mod? I just need either a screenshot of the added line or a decent explanation. I make mod maps for farming simulator 17 so i'm sure with a bit of help i could figure it out. thanks!

Edit: Figured it out...was so simple i was overthinking it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
                • Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Kubota Orange Tractor

Just copy and paste this png into Tractor Mods > Assets for the recolor. Credits Pathoschild, Iambui, & Pewtershmitz.

@Pathoschild If you don't want this here, I understand. You have a million things to do, but maybe one less. c:

Amburr likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Little Lea Thanks! Do you mind if I bundle it into Tractor Mod as an optional version at some point? (Tractor Mod is licensed under the MIT license, so I need your permission to release your spritesheet under that license.)

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Sure thing! I purposefully left out the rest of the mod from the upload so your original would still be needed that way, but if an optional bundle is something you'd like to do, by all means~

Pathoschild likes this.
                      • Flumme

Update: I had a stable and than (after) I built a tractor stable: No problems - both work fine. (Before I built first the tractor stable and AFTER the horse stable I had no horse one time).

When I use the Horse Whistle than first appear the tractor and than the horse. If I'm sitting on the horse and I use the Whistle the tractor appear. :catlol:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's fixed in the upcoming 4.1 release. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
                            Flumme likes this.
                          • Flumme

Take your time, it's nothing "horrible" or a real bug. THANKS for all your great work! :)

• Amburr

Amburr Phantasmal Quasar

@Little Lea Thanks!! The husband very much approves with a :up:

Little Lea likes this.
                              • Syleraya

Syleraya Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry, but I don't understand how we could add seed and fertilizer to the mod ... what do I need to add to the json file exatly ? Thanks a lot for the mod and the help !

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Syleraya Fertiliser and seeds should work automatically, but there's a bug where they won't work if you don't play in English. That will be fixed in the upcoming 4.1 update. :)

• Syleraya

Syleraya Intergalactic Tourist

Oh, thx a lot ! No, I don't play in english, I played in a french version (that replace the russian version)

• Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I'm having trouble getting this to work. I successfully built the tractor garage but there was no tractor in it. Now, whenever I try to load my save file I get an error saying that the tractorgarage.xnb can't be found and the game returns to the title screen without loading my farm.

My SMAPI, XNB Loader, and Entoarox Framework are all updated to the most recent version but I'm still getting the error. Does anyone have a fix for this?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• ChronosBee

ChronosBee Void-Bound Voyager

I had a stable first, then i built the garage. Both worked for a few days. then after maybe a week i woke up and the horse is gone :) I dont see him in my wallet page either it just had my cat in it

Flumme likes this.