RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. Desorma

Desorma Void-Bound Voyager

I've been looking for them as well without much success. They're based on the stable from the original seasonal modpack, so I'm using those assets right now. I guess you can just copy/paste the toolbench in to get the exact same picture, but I haven't bothered yet.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paxchristos Was the tractor garage built during that session? Does it appear if the farmhand exits and rejoins? If not, what if the host closes the game and restarts it?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, tractor garage was built after update on a new farm without cheats. Yes, was built during that session.

Appears as a Stable/Horse after clients exit and re-enter game or farm. Same behavior happens after host closes/restarts. (We have closed and restarted all affected complete more than once since posting)

Clients are unable to build the tractor garage, either. (Pelican Fiber didn't have it as an option and Entoarox framework crashes if Farmhands go into Robin's)

Note: I built the Tractor Garage thru Pelican. I will attempt to go-to Robin's and build another to see if the Clients can see a Tractor.

Thank you
        Pax

Edited to Add:

No change with building Tractor Garage thru Robin, rolled back to the alpha you posted earlier on this thread and ran with verbose logging again.

Host: https://log.smapi.io/ZDkgnN6g
        Client: https://log.smapi.io/nSLksxTc

Edited to Add (2):

Host sees other players on tractor as being on a tractor
        Client sees other players on a tractor as being on a horse.

Clients cannot use tools on Tractor when they see it as a horse.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
        • paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update:

Issue is how Tractor Mod interacts with MTN. MTN breaks tractor. I've left a bug report on Nexus for MTN, we'll see if it gets fixed.

Thanks for the mods, Pathos!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.7.1 is now available!

Release notes:
            • Fixed tractor getting lost in the mines when players cruelly abandon it.
            • Fixed tractor/garage looking like a horse/stable in some cases.
            • Fixed mines not spawning a ladder on infestation levels if the tractor is present.
            • Fixed old tractor data not deleted after migration, which caused duplicate garages in some cases.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.7.1 can incorrectly turn horses into tractors (fixed in the upcoming 4.7.2).

If you're affected, don't save! If you already saved, I can fix it if you...
              1. find your save files;
              2. post a zip of the affected save folder here;
              3. mention what the original horse name was.

• FarmerDon

FarmerDon Orbital Explorer

Horse name is Grover. Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Adilene

Adilene Void-Bound Voyager

My horse's name is Sky.

Attached Files:

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

I have just downloaded the latest version, but was playing with the previous one for about a week or less.
                    Is it ok that when the tractor is not using a particular tool, it makes the horse's riding sound?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Adilene @FarmerDon Fixed saves attached. Sorry about that!

@Hakuna Matata Yep, that's normal. I do plan to change the sound in a future version once SMAPI has an audio API though.

Attached Files:

• Adilene

Adilene Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! : )

• FarmerDon

FarmerDon Orbital Explorer

Works great! Thank you!

• DannGalaxy

DannGalaxy Space Hobo

How do I edit the config.json file? I can't find it in the mod folders. A Screen Shot Of What To Do Would Be Nice.

• DannGalaxy

DannGalaxy Space Hobo

Nevermind I Found IT xd

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

• goldilox

goldilox Yeah, You!

I just downloaded the latest version of the mod 4.7.2 1401-4-7-2 to see if it resolves the issue I am having and it does not.
                                I built the tractor garage without having previously bought a stable and now I do not have an option to buy a stable from Robin.
                                I still have the option to buy a second tractor garage, but no stable option at all. Please let me know if there's anything in particular I can send you to help you troubleshoot.
                                I am playing through Steam on Windows, single player, and am in Summer of Year 3

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@goldilox There's an issue where the game thinks you already have a stable if you built the garage first; I'll look into that for the next Tractor Mod release. Thanks for reporting it!

You can do this as a temporary workaround:
                                  1. demolish the tractor garage;
                                  2. build a stable;
                                  3. rebuild the tractor garage (you can edit the config.json so it's free).

goldilox likes this.
                                  • hingerson

hingerson Master Chief

Just getting into modding. So do I get to keep my horse and have a tractor with this I'm a little confused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk