RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@IncompCF Unfortunately not, since MouseLeft is set to dismount by the game code. You can use other mouse buttons if you have them though (e.g. side buttons).

• IncompCF

IncompCF Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild: Hmm, alright. I'll try that out. Thanks for the timely response.

• agjohnson725

agjohnson725 Space Hobo

Hi, I am a big fan but recently I began thinking about the possibility of the 'distance' being customizable dependent on the tool instead of just a singular distance throughout. I would do this myself but your code is amazing and I do not want to mess it up. I think it could be a fun new addition to your mod.

• drkanbs

drkanbs Void-Bound Voyager

I found a bug I believe. Whenever something drops, like cutting down a tree, or popping an item out of the worm dig location, etc. You cannot pick up if you jump off the tractor, after using the tractor, at all. It just bugs out. I'm going to see if there is an error message, as I exited to quickly after I started seeing this.

Edit: I exited the game and went back in after reporting this, no error has popped up yet, and so far it seems to be letting pick up dropped items. I don't know if it fixed itself or not yet.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@agjohnson725 Sorry, I meant to reply earlier. I prefer to keep config options to a minimum when possible, since each one adds an extra test path (and there's already a lot of options). I could add that in a future update if many other players would find it useful though.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.9 is now available!

Release notes:
              • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.4, including...
                • fertiliser can now be applied to planted crops;
                • harvesting tea bushes;
                • using the golden scythe.
              • Added attachment features:
                • axe: cut giant crops; cut choppable bushes (disabled by default).
                • milk pail: collect milk from animals.
                • shears: shear wool from animals.
              • Added support for summoning a temporary tractor without building a garage first (disabled by default).
              • Tractor effects are now applied radially from the tractor (e.g. trees now fall away from the tractor).
              • Updated for compatibility with the latest version of Pelican Fiber.
              • Fixed scythe sometimes interacting with incorrect targets (e.g. shipping bin or farm animals).
              • Fixed scythe showing item pickup animation when collecting forage items.
              • Fixed scythe incorrectly having a 100% chance to drop hay. The probability now matches the vanilla 50% (scythe) or 75% (golden scythe).
              • Fixed incorrect speed changes when a different speed buff expires while riding the tractor (via Stardew Valley 1.4 change).
              • Fixed lag when using the hoe attachment while surrounded by untillable tiles.
              • Fixed issue where a dismissed tractor would return to the previous garage position if the garage was moved that day.
              • Fixed error when using tools as custom attachments to attack monsters.
              • Improved translations. Thanks to Hesperusrus (updated Russian)!

• iskaskuu

iskaskuu Aquatic Astronaut

The tractor mod has completely broken for me. It does let me log onto my saves but freezes right before I am allowed to wake up/move. I've tried with other mods and only the tractor mod and of course without the tractor mod. I'm on MacBook and I'm wondering if this is an issue/if it will be solved?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@iskaskuu Reinstalling Mono should fix that. (It should happen with most SMAPI mods which load custom textures, it's not specific to Tractor Mod.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

Ever since the new update I can't get the tractor to cut down trees. I also used to be able to spawn the tractor in anywhere including the mines and greenhouse, now I can't. Does anyone know if there is a patch for this?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Reneeisxena It sounds like you might have reset the mod options to default (e.g. by deleting config.json). You can open the config.json in a text editor and enable StandardAttachments > Axe > CutGrownTrees to let it cut trees, and the summon key is Backspace by default. Let me know if it still doesn't work!

• Reneeisxena

I will get my IT guy, my husband, to check that out. The summon key used to be t for tractor so I will check to see if that works with backspace. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
                        • Reneeisxena

Update: The backspace works to summon in the tractor, I can use it in the mines and caverns now. My husband is going to work on getting the cutting trees part working. I will let you know if it works. thanks for the help.

• nmhbm

nmhbm Intergalactic Tourist

I have experienced a bug with the tractor in the skull cavern.

If i try to exit the cavern into the desert it will trigger the cut-scene with the bus going to the desert and then I will be asked if I want to return to the Valley. If i choice yes the game will freeze upon my return with no option but to terminate the game and loose all progress in that day. If i choice no the game does not break and I am instead standing in the desert just outside the buss while riding my tractor.

The obvious solution is not to exit the cavern while riding the tractor, but since it can happen I thought it would be good to report it.

I am using none of the conflicting mods.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This thread is no longer actively watched. You can ask questions directly on the mod page instead.