Traditional Fairies and the Goblin Market

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vegetable Lamb, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

I'd love to see space fairies. And by that I mean a race of bargain dealing, Goblin Market, legalists who are frighteningly powerful and will sell you "your first love" for "the color blue". Or "A really good idea" for "Your soul". Players should be able to get amazing stuff, but sometimes for scary prices or just outright bizarre stuff. The number of quests you could get out these guys alone would be staggering.

2. Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Dr. Ivo Robotnik Contact!

That might be kinda cool, but I don't think they actually have to be goblins...maybe short green humanoids with pointy noses and ears?

I mean, I suppose they could be called goblins as long as there is no magic involved

3. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Yeah, what they look like is irrelevant. It's the idea that I really like.

4. Sethaniel

Sethaniel Void-Bound Voyager

I actually find the idea rather fascinating. Are you familiar with the Myth Adventures books, by any chance? If not, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythAdventures and read the description for the dimension of Deva. That's basically the first thing that popped up in my mind when I read your suggestion. Not necessarily goblins or space faeries mind you, just the whole concept of a planet or space station of some sort, being used as an intergalactic marketplace with all sorts of strange items for sale, and a race of devious traders who run the place.