1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Training Dummies v1.5.1

Training dummies to dress up and attack with impunity

1. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pfhoenix submitted a new mod:

Training Dummies - Training dummies to dress up and attack with impunity

Read more about this mod...

2. OldQuietGnomeJr

OldQuietGnomeJr Yeah, You!

How do you break them?

3. tiltos

tiltos Void-Bound Voyager

Great start! How do you remove them, and unequip them (empty hands)?

4. Pfhoenix

Whoops, let me go make them removable...

5. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix updated Training Dummies with a new update entry:

Now removable!

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Pfhoenix

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Can we get some screenshots?

The last training dummy mod had GIFs. That was a while ago, though. :D

8. New2Starbound

New2Starbound Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, if you can outfit these dummies with items in your hands, could the same idea be applied to spawnable merchants/chefs/dealers etc.?

9. Pfhoenix

You'd have to define custom merchants, but sure.

10. tiltos

Awesome! I wonder what sort of complexity there'd be in creating a 'wooden dummy' variant? Would you need to create a new non-playable race? I might look into that if you'd like a hand.

11. Pfhoenix

If you make it, I'll include it (crediting you for it, of course).

12. tiltos

Sure thing! Here you go. I've added a 'wooden' race, so there's a couple of extra folders. For any future changes or scripting, you can refer to the new race as 'wooden'.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8042453/TrainingDummies.zip

13. Lokisan

Lokisan Phantasmal Quasar

How hard would it be to let them, blink, move a bit? I do not want a fully working NPC replacer, just a "better" NPC spawner like yours, with the option to choose the clothing, with them standing in one place (roaming a little) and maybe sitting, sleeping if something is around. No jumping, no exploring from level to level, no talking, just that. I have not fiddled with the NPC lua/structure as of now, so any hint, what to change would be grand....or maybe someone already did that? maybe?! Would be grand to know! :party:

14. Pfhoenix

Removing NPC behavior entirely is far simpler than limiting existing NPC behavior. The problem with blinking and other actions is that I don't want a glorified hitting bag to do any of that. Feel free to look at what I did and expand on it, though.

Edit. A good place to start is looking at trainingdummy.lua and understanding the interact function. Create your own NPC based on villager, merchant, or whateve, and add that interaction to dress them up.

Lokisan likes this.
  15. Pfhoenix

16. Pfhoenix

17. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finally, its been a while that Ive seen mod like this since stable update. I like it. :D

Though I still wish to make my fun firing ranges again :(

There was this mod I enjoyed using long time ago but the author seem to have abandoned it and is not active any more... Would greatly appreciate if you could make something similar part of your mod as well.

Here is the link to that said outdated mod for some reference to what I mean... :poke: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/tiered-targets.1687/

18. Pfhoenix

There really isn't a need for me to expand Training Dummies to include crafting particular target types. Just spawn a dummy and put the armor on it that you want, in any combinations that you want.

19. Pfhoenix

Any suggestions for improvements? I can't do anything about the stance of the dummies, FYI.

20. ganessaroland

ganessaroland Pangalactic Porcupine

Very important question (to me at least), does this mod work with the neko race mod?