1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Translator

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GriffinO1, Jan 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

Do the characters have translators to translate languages, or does everyone you encounter speak the same language? All the Codexes seem to be in English.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well... except the Agaran. They have a mysterious language.

3. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

They were a pretty hostile and new species in the beta to someone be able to translate their language, nowadays i think there isnt a good reason to them not having a full translated language... Maybe it's a language that changes a lot throught the time? idk...

4. Daikon Ocelot

Maybe they want us to translate it by ourselves. But there is no way anyone could do it without any script or text that explain the guide or formula to do it. Like the Ancient, I can understand what it say because there is a codex that help me to read it.

5. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

The Agaran language is just a really broken form of English. You can read it if you figure it out.

6. Daikon Ocelot

Yeah... some sentences can be understand. But the rest are completely unknown.

7. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

It's easier than it seems, but you need time, patience, imagination (a little bit xD) and see the text in game of each NPC Agaran.

I have added dialogues to the Frog and Shadow races, they do not have dialogue in an original way, I have never understood why they did not put text, I guess they stayed as beta races, and in a future update they would give dialogue, obviously I did not want to wait and I have endowed these races with basic dialogues in my translation of the game.

Greetings, phrases of fear when attacked or relief when they are safe, etc etc, I have also given these two races and one more race the NPC friendly state, your character and your NPCs that accompany you can not attack them, but the enemies of the game, beasts and enemy NPCs if they can:

https://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/824

I did this because these races could be attacked indiscriminately by the NPCs that you hire, they attack them because they have the status of "enemy" in the code of the game, it did not seem right to me that 3 completely innocent races died because your NPCs thought they were enemies, they do not even know how to defend themselves, and they do not have weapons xD

PS: Thanks to the user of this forum "projectmayhem" who helped me find the solution for one of the races, and I was able to apply it to the other 2 races.