REQUEST Travelling cart selling animals?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Delynx, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Delynx

Delynx Space Hobo

Hi!
    I am trying to play a challenge game, where I never buy anything from Pierre's or Joja, and only buy stuff from Travelling Cart. Makes it for a longer and more randomized start :)

However, Travelling Cart does not sell any animals... :( So potentially I can still play "the normal way" by concentrating on buying animals. Is it possible to add animals to the pool of randomized stuff that travelling cart sells? With this addition, the challenge game "only buy from Travelling Cart" would be fully playable..

BlankSlater likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately not possible, animals are bought like they are buildings, not like they are objects.

• Delynx

Delynx Space Hobo

Ah, that's a pity :(
        Well, in this case I guess I'll fall back to my "plan B": assigning some pieces of furniture to animals, and limiting myself to only buying one corresponding animal from Marnie when the related furniture is sold by the travelling cart...

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Marnie isnt apart of Pierre's Store?

• Delynx

Delynx Space Hobo

Well, the challenge is not to buy at all any readily-available stuff for my farm, which besides Pierre's and Joja also includes animals from Marnie, ores from Clint, etc. Buildings and tools upgrades are, obviously, excepted from this, also because they are one-time deal.
            Everything you have is either earned though fishing, mining, bundles, etc., or you got lucky with the travelling cart.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The Traveling Cart may not sell animals /but/ they do sell eggs-- chicken, duck, and even rarely a void egg. (I got mine from the cart, not the witch.) You could get a stage two coop with an incubator and hatch your own from Traveling Cart eggs, with a little luck.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

True, so that would only mean barn animals are limited, but you could use the "Travellers cart sells milk" for when those can be bought :rofl:

Delynx likes this.
                • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Match the product to the animal, then. Milk, you can buy a cow. Goat's milk, a goat. Wool, a sheep. And if you should spot a truffle...

Delynx likes this.
                  • Delynx

Delynx Space Hobo

Yeah, indeed that sounds like the best way to play such challenge without mods!

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

This would be a good idea! It's probably not possible :oops:

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Curious do you have list all your rules? I love playing challenges in games after I've beaten them or played several times to ending area. :)