1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Trouble using the scythe. (PS4)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Timedye, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whenever I'm trying to harvest anything the requires the scythe -- wheat, amaranth, and so on -- I'll walk up to the crop and press square to swing the scythe, but nothing happens. He simply refuses to swing the scythe until I fidget him around in front of the crop using left stick, and then eventually he will start cutting it down. But as I walk along the row trying to harvest, he'll periodically stop cutting again and I have to adjust where he's standing again.

It basically seems like if he's standing on the tile right next to the crop that needs to be cut down, he can't swing the scythe. You have to sort of stand between the tile nearest the crop and one tile away.

I never noticed this problem on PC, with either the mouse or keyboard, so I'm wondering if its something that can be fixed on the PS4 version of the game?

• Contrabardus

Contrabardus Void-Bound Voyager

One year later and I'm encountering the same issue on PC when using a PS4 controller. Seems like it's a problem with the controller.

This issue happens extremely frequently, and only when standing in front of a crop that the scythe is needed to harvest. The scythe just won't swing no matter how much you jam on the button. It will stay locked up until the player moves a few spaces and then will begin harvesting for a bit before it locks up again.

This makes jobs like harvesting wheat and clearing out grass a huge pain. It also eats up a lot of time and makes harvesting with the scythe take a lot longer than it should.

I can't clear out a 10x10 area with a scythe without this happening at least once or twice.

I can swing the scythe all day with no problem if there is nothing it harvests in the area.

• Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

I can confirm that this issue is caused by the controller. I play on PC with an Xbox controller, and this has always been the case for me. I wasn't sure if it was intended behavior or not, though.

• FireGamer500

FireGamer500 Space Hobo

This isn't a huge bug/glitch or anything, but for some reason it really frustrates and bothers me to encounter it as I'm trying to harvest a big field.