Modding Help Trying to make my own mods??

Discussion in 'Mods' started by addy468, Mar 15, 2016.

1. addy468

addy468 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After playing Stardew Valley for around a week, I've absolutely fell in love with the game, and I would love to make mods or edit/recolor some of the features in the game so I can make it my own and play this game to the fullest.. However, being the newb I am, I have no idea how to edit Stardew valley files, and I looked over the files, asking myself: What program do I need for modding? So I thought I should ask on here, and hopefully I'll get some help. I'm more into cute/pinkish styles so.. not sure if anyone would like my mods if I do figure out how to make them, but I would definitely take a few requests for practice. So if anyone could tell me how I can edit these Stardew files and what program I'll be needing, it will be most appreciated <3:slowpoke:

• GreaterPorpoise

GreaterPorpoise Void-Bound Voyager

This guide and a graphics editor like GIMP or Paint.net is all you need, by the sounds of it. Maybe some pixel art tutorials as well, which are aplenty on the internet. In regards to interest, only one way to find out! Even if there isn't, you can still mod the game to your own personal tastes which is pretty damn awesome. I'm new to modding myself but I'm up for answering questions as best as I can and I'm sure others will chip in with tips and tricks. Good luck!

• addy468

Thank you! I'll have to try out these programs, but do you know if these programs can convert the .xnb files? I think thats my main problem in trying to mod, I'm not sure how to convert the .xnb file and then transfer it back when finished:cry:
        I was very tired so I did not see the link.. Thank you so much! I'll have to try this out today :3<3

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
        • Axelius

Axelius Tentacle Wrangler

The guide he linked goes through that part ;)

• addy468

Oh! I didn't see it.. Haha! Thank you:catface::coffee: