Suggestion Turn Timer Online / Ranked ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Orenix, Jul 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Orenix

Orenix Space Hobo

Hi everyone,

the game is great and I want to thank the developers for making a good successor to Advance Wars!
    I have nothing to complain about the campaign that is simple but effective.

By cons, I find the online multiplayer a little bland for two reasons:

- The impossibility of putting a time when playing with his friends.
    - The lack of progress since we can play in part fast without any interest (not ranked)

I/ For the first point, I guess the problem is that not all players have the same animation time?
    In this case, the most sensible and cut all the animations and put the quick move for all players if a timer is put.
    To balance the duration of the turns, it would be wise to put in the first round a timer of one minute complete (allowing the players to look at the map).

Then at each turn, a timer equal to 30 sec + 3 sec per playable unit (including production buildings). The first laps will be done in 40 seconds while the laps with 30 units will be done in 120 seconds (2 minutes).

It would be really nice to let players choose to have a timer when they play between them online.

To limit the inequalities related to different connections, it would also be interesting to put a timer at the beginning of the round (10/15 sec) that ends as soon as the player moves his cursor to signify his presence.

II/ For the second point, I will not explain to you how to create a classified mode, I guess you see perfectly what I'm referring to.

I'm sure it could give a second life to this awesome game but boring (for me and my friends anyway) because it lacks competitiveness (ranked or even between us since no timer).

Thank you for taking the time to read and good game everyone !