U.S.C.M Base: Protesting #Bringcleanerbotback

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by MrZazder, Aug 15, 2016.

?

Do you want U.S.C.M bunkers back?

1. Yes! :)

83.3%
  2. No! :(

2.8%
  3. Yes, for cleaner bot :D

13.9%
  4. Doesn't matter. :/

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MrZazder

MrZazder Void-Bound Voyager

20160814224536_1.jpg
    Me and my friend Toby built a U.S.C.M base/bunker for protesting, since they removed some of the bases/bunkers completely from the game, in my case i would just find it funny to be able to find a U.S.C.M base, but for my friend Toby it's a little different he just wants the "cleaner bot" #bringcleanerbotback

Here is some pictures from the construction and the completed version

U.S.C.M.jpg

20160813151411_1.jpg

20160813160432_1.jpg

20160813195248_1.jpg

Message to developers:
    I know that the story of protectorates and U.S.C.M contradicts or maybe just is in the way, but you could make it so U.S.C.M is a different organization that wants all other intelligent beings dead and humans that doesn't share their opinion, and i'm pretty sure protectorates seek peace, so it will be a kind of rivalry between them.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. WesleySpaceCadet

WesleySpaceCadet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for this. I started making my own bunker but didn't have a good reference. I too would like the USCM Bunkers back. They were my second favorite dungeons next to the original Apex obstacle course labs which are sadly gone as well...

3. Endertricity

Endertricity Orbital Explorer

How did you get that huge map of everything in one picture? A mod?

4. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

In my mind, I like to think the USCM still exists, we just haven't found any of their buildings "yet".

5. Triple_DEKer

Triple_DEKer Void-Bound Voyager

I've found USCM prisons after the update in vanilla.
    If I get the coords I'll let you know, but no bunkers as of yet

6. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

Fully signed. I was very disappointed when learning that one of my favourite dungeons was removed. I don't miss the Apex obstacle course much (the place was so laggy, it was impossible to beat for me), but the USCM base is definitely missed.
    Right now the humans only have 2 places, prisons and some incredibly boring camp site. The camp site should be improved as well. It's just flat ground with a bunch of tents. Not very inspirational. Being the breeding rabbits that humans are you'd expect human colonies to exist among the stars, just like the other races have them. Give them some settlements!

I'm sure some story can be created of why these bases exist and why the marines inside are hostile. Perhaps they're all in 'code red, kill everyone' mode after contact with Earth was lost. Could have been one of their directives: If contact with Earth's main base is lost, lock down the off-site bases and keep out intruders until further notice.

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Some mod have them, but should be in vanilla. Along with all the bots.

8. SAM9934590

SAM9934590 Void-Bound Voyager

I support adding some sort of USCM military bunker/bases back. Similar to earlier suggestions, perhaps theese bunkers could contain USCM personal "gone rogue" due to their HQ on earth being destroyed or something. But besides that all I really want is to see the Bunkers come back, and if possible, expand on current human settlements with new things, becuase quite frankly, Human-related stuff just in general need a major step up to how pityful they are atm. We earth-abandonded humans need attention too you know! Hope this reaches someone important, and I hope somehow support for Humans and the USCM grows somehow in the near future of Starbound..

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

There are mods to add back in the old stuff. Want new stuff?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874013371

10. hardrulechat

hardrulechat Orbital Explorer

maybe they should not just bring back the original base, but make different types. For erchius-rich moons, then there could be like a smaller version of the mine where the first boss mission is. For radiated planets, a radiation sample research bunker. For molten planets, a thermal generator plant.

They should also add 3 classifications of bunkers:
    *Military-hostile armed humans (the original type)
    *Civil-peaceful civilians who you can do quests for
    *industrial-guarded bunkers with lots of ore and loot with mines or power-plants

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

They should totally revamp the USCM bases, especially since the USCM still exists as an entity. have it so that in the wake of the destroyed earth and mankind precarious situation, the bases either:
    • Turn to survivalism and banditry to survive until order is restored
    • Become taken over by Occassus cultists, with lore depicting their infiltration of their ranks in the confusion.
    • Become abandonded, save for a large amount of automated defenses (enemy turrets+shield generator, cleanerbots, mechs)
    You can even have different kinds, such as bunkers, training facilities, and headquarters (for the egg chair and "that's no moon" display)