1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Ubuntu Linux

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Rinzen, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Rinzen

Rinzen Space Hobo

Ok, so I'm beyond a little frustrated right now.

I just spent over 3 hours working on firewall rules and a Linux server (Ubuntu 12.04, per the guide)

Now, just when I think I've finished. I get the "version `GLIBC_2.17' not found". Now, I'm no linux professional by any means. But from what I can find online, the ONLY way to get glibc updated (currently on 2.15) is by updating to a newer version of ubuntu.

So can someone tell me if that is incorrect? Is there is a way to make it work on 12.04?

I followed the guide exactly, step by step. So is the guide no longer valid? Can we get a dev to update it if that's the case? If I have to reinstall a newer version of Ubuntu, the guide feels like a massive waste of time... :zzz:

2. Rinzen

Rinzen Space Hobo

Oh, and yes, I'm running the x64 bit version of Ubuntu 12.04

3. Rinzen

Rinzen Space Hobo

I got it working on Ubuntu 16.04 instead. Took a lot less time and I refrained from using the guide here. Found a debian 7 guide that worked with a little tweaking.