Uhm, some weird problem I have with navigation.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Hentasie, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Hentasie

Hentasie Void-Bound Voyager

This place is the best place i can put this in, With and without admin mode, there's this bug where all of the ships and sometimes even me gets stuck and can't move/change angles.[​IMG] Please help, i don't know how to fix it.

[​IMG] Here's another one, the red ones are the stuck ones, and you can see all the ships are just stuck in facing to the left, like it's the default position, almost like a t-pose for a ragdoll. I've gotten myself stuck in it twice now, i can't move out of the stuck ship in the 1st photo with the red and yellow captions for them

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My guess is you have a mod/mods which are adding extra ships and such, and there's too many on screen for the game to handle reliably. Or the mod/mods are just busted. I think you're going to have to look at disabling them.

3. Hentasie

Hmm, I was thinking it might be a mod, i'll post in the ones that are ship-related or adds ships,
    Faster Start
    More NPC Ships - I don't believe it's this one, i've had it for a long while but the bug happened recently. By recently, i mean yesterday.
    Spooky Tweaks - Might be this, because I installed Ztarbound.

Other than that, the only way i can (temporarily) fix it, is to save & exit, and re-enter my character, but i don't want to repeatedly re-log into my character every 30+ minutes.

Edit:- Scratch that, re-logging doesn't work, I think it's manually restarting.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  4. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could also be something that alters star system generation or planet generation if you have anything like that. I'd disable any mods you suspect might be causing it and see if the problem goes away. If not, you know it's not a mod. If it does go away, reenable half your disabled mods and check again. If it stops working, disable half of them, otherwise, enable half of what's still disabled. Keep going like that until you find the culprit.

Oh, and obviously check to see if all your mods are up to date.

5. Hentasie

Hm, alright. Thank you ever so much!