1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Unable to properly connect to anyone

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by PhantomFeather, Apr 29, 2018.

1. PhantomFeather

PhantomFeather Space Hobo

I've been trying to play a game with some friends for days now and I've been unable to be successful in any troubleshooting methods. we've been scouring the internet for similar issues and we've tried many different solutions with no avail...

If I try to join them, I get stuck in an undending loading screen (I can press esc and I'll have a black screen but I see my HUD. all i can do is disconnect, access my inventory, log, quests etc. but I cannot actually interact with the game world. its a black screen as if I haven't spawned)

I've tried:
    Fresh instal.
    No workshop mods.
    Different hosts.
    playing around with certain files (like removing the storage file, validating and trying it)
    Validated files.
    we've double and tripple checked if we have the same mods installed and we do.
    among other things.

the thing that is REALLY confusing us is t hat we have never had any connection (p2p or otherwise) in any other game. and other people are able to join their games.

after more searching and checking it appears no packets are being sent or recieved if I am either hosting (they recieve no packets) or trying to connect...

I've forwarded ports. I've disabled/checked my firewall. I've made sure there are no programs like my anti-virus interfering with the program and still a no go...

a friend of mine has done extensive troubleshooting with Starbound before and I've been sending him my log files and this is all he was able to see.

2. Vergames

Vergames Void-Bound Voyager

WTF i am having the same Problem too it says it cannot Determine the Server ID despite me putting it number by number....