Modding Discussion Undertale Mod ideas

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by the_mecha_engineer, Feb 27, 2016.

?

Did you consider this to be helpful for further diversifying the mods at our disposal?

1. Yes.

42.1%
  2. Hell yes.

26.3%
  3. No (well then don't read this post, Ignoramus)

10.5%
  4. WHEN WILL GOD PUNISH THESE SINS?! (* when will god punish these SANS)

21.1%
  1. the_mecha_engineer

the_mecha_engineer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Many have tried (and failed) to get a decent number of Undertale mods on star bound, so Im going to do the one thing none of them did, give a (somewhat) fleshed out and well thought over batch of ideas
    Lets get started

1. a Race mod containing multiple species from the game, as well as race specific clothing, NPCs (Villages included) and "weapons" (and by weapons, I mean magic.... And actual weapons)
    2. A clothing mod, why? Because who doesn't like a good striped sweater when your venturing on a planet seemingly made of FROZEN TUNDRAS AND SNOW STORMS!
    3. Quest mod, play though the story of Undertale In star bound, why? because not everyone owns the game, you know.
    4. Food mod, who needs cooked alien meat when you have a supply of Temmie flakes or Papyrus's Spaghetti, even if all three taste like complete crap.
    5. Dungeons, Dungeons, villages, Dungeons, because if anyone knows anything about deadly architecture, Monsters sure as hell do. (and then theirs the True lab... Jesus H Christ)

2. Benven99

Benven99 Phantasmal Quasar

All of my yes

3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Alright, time to be that guy explain what is, and isn't possible to mod.
    1. Possible...though it's going to be a lot of work.
    2. Extremely possible, though you are going to need to make a few tweaks.
    3. Not even remotely possible at all.
    4. Easily done
    5. Possible, with some alterations.

4. sarcasmloading

sarcasmloading Master Chief

What Relten said.

Playing the Undertale storyline in Starbound might cause some copyright infringement/stealing of the original Undertale game.
    The weapons: as Relten said, a lot of work. Might be hard finding a developer to work on this.
    Food: Easy. Textures would take a while, and we cannot just take Undertale textures for compatibility and legal issues.
    Dungeons: A lot of work.
    Clothing: Won't be too hard.

Relten likes this.
  5. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

I would approve Undertale clothes in Starbound so much.

idk about remaking the whole game, though. That seems to be going too far.

(But clothing YES. I need my striped sweater please and thank you)

6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Let's not derail the thread.