1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED United Systems Expansion v4.2 "Final Woes"

Hostility and Peace

1. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

2. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

could you update the mod here too, please?
    I use the GOG version, and on steam, unless you have the steam version you can not even contact the mod author to request an update here or anything

Also, could you please upload the addons for USE here as well?

3. soldierfast90

The planets addon is already available.

I'll update both soon after say, the next mini update that'll roll by... soon.

notanaccount2 likes this.
  4. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

Alright, thanks.

5. soldierfast90

6. soldierfast90

7. andhar

andhar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hm, I only get a 1 Mb ogg-file when trying to download...

8. soldierfast90

wait what

oh crap wrong file

9. soldierfast90

10. Echo710

Echo710 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I've been working on a small mod that adds more weapons to US.E and a helicopter. When it's done, is it okay that I publish it? Some reason why I'm asking-
    -The helicopter is essentially a modified earlywar_starburner.
    -The mod aims to add more weapons and add more upgrades (Therefore, some overlapping sprites.)

11. soldierfast90

If you're adding in US.E stuff you may as well join the dev team. Here's the Discord Link https://discord.gg/KdYVF3q, just say that I sent you there from the US.E CF Forums and they'll automatically put you in the devs/associates.

If you don't have Discord you can just Direct Message me and we can talk about it.

Answer overall is "yes". You can publish the addon but eh maybe it'd be better to just come join the team (discord) if you're gonna help with the development/addition of content. We got some cool lads.

12. Echo710

Well that's quite nice! I guess I'll some the talking/"join the team" here, since I don't use Discord at all after an unfortunate experience, and I have no clue how to direct message (I rarely use the forums...). I'm currently working on a system similar to the Gunner's mod with a limited ammo count before you reload (infinite spare ammo) and "fancy" guns. What I mean is a gun that has used shells popping out of it, a rifle with a "cock-back" animation, etc.

Also, some other things I've recently added-
    Realistic tracer bullets (invisible projectiles, but path is clearly shown)
    Crit system (Random chance to do x 3 damage per bullet)
    Ramming shield (Shield that does armor-ignoring damage on hit)

Small Edit- I'm quite good with JSON, but I'm what you would call a "LUA Noob" since I've only recently learned the basics.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    soldierfast90 likes this.
  13. soldierfast90

I would really recommend coming over to join the team on Discord. You share your assets and we share our assets in an "alliance" of sorts. We all have things we can learn from each other while in many ways, we all remain independent on our work. The US.E Team is more of an alliance between mods that shares resources (despite US.E being the only released mod in the alliance).

There is no need to work on an ammunition system (if you're coming to join the team) since GnioGnio, another dev of US.E and also the dev of the WIP 'Brother' Mod Common Treaty Organization has already prepped the "Evolved Weaponry System" based on its own unique code. US.E will be moving over to that base and It might be a "waste" of you're making a weapons system on your own when another one already exists that's non-lyetzi and unique.

Also those 3 points are interesting. Improved Tracers, A unique crit system and a ram-type shield would be useful. A ram-type shield would be great in making possible 2-handed "heavy" shields, maybe even for pure shield enemy types.

14. Echo710

Got it! And yes, I am going to join the team.But still, I hell ain't gonna go to Discord after the aforementioned "incident".. If I'm doing any communication, I'm sticking to here or maybe a sub-forum that you could make.
    Also, going to upload my current mod so far so you can see the "shield ram", the tracer bullets, and the crit system. Keep in mind that some weapons in this mod are either experimental or broken.
    Small note, but I've added a small script to make it so that you move at different speeds with different weapons (credits for the scripts is in readme.md in the abilities files, I believe.) For instance, the shield makes you go uber fast, since its basically used to ram. The modified Enfield rifle is considered a "medium weight" weapon, so you move a tad bit slower. If my memory is correct, the M16A8 DMR is a "heavy" weapon, due to its DPS.

Another small note: The crit system is a simple one, but it does the job surprisingly well. Also, when GnioGnio gets that "Evolved Weaponry System" all set up and I get all the possible JSON params for it, oh boy my dreams will be fufilled.

Edit- Helicopter name is "uew_helicopter" in case you're lazy and you don't want to go through one folder...
    /spawnvehicle uew_helicopter.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    soldierfast90 likes this.
  15. soldierfast90

You can start a private conversation. It's the "mail" icon in the top-right next to the notifications tab. I'll note you down as part of the team just that due to undisclosed reasons you won't be active on Discord.

I've got the file down. You can remove the attached file ASAP.

I can't thank you enough for these new mechanics. Things like movement speed (and when GnioGnio fixes up all the issues that EWS has) will add a whole new degree of balancing to work with and will atleast look nice with these new effects before the proper ammo system is up.

Addendum: Taking a look at the "crit system" it feels like I just skimmed over a gold mine. I always assumed that the guns only accepted one projectile.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  16. Twinky

Twinky Void-Bound Voyager

Any chances to update this like the steam version?

I dont wanna be annoying with this quiestion,so if the answer is 'no' I just play the current version. Thank you so much for this great mod.

17. soldierfast90

The CF forums version does still get updated, just not as frequently as the steam version. For reference, only 'medium' to 'major' updates are posted here such as Weapon Revamps, the addition of a large amount of content or major story rewrites.

Twinky likes this.
  18. Twinky

Twinky Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, thanks for answer!

19. soldierfast90

20. desafinado56

desafinado56 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cant start the leed city mission it just loads for a while and sends me back to the ship
    also moon mission seems to be bugged because i have finished it two times and it doesnt register as complete making me unable to finish the quest