1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Reset?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SillyGengar, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SillyGengar

SillyGengar Void-Bound Voyager

So after dumping several hours into a character, when the game crashed after warping to my ship to get food from a planet in the first solar system. I Thought nothing of it really, until when i restarted, my character was traveling somewhere in the ship. Once i arrived, it looked like the planet i was on, so i warped down only to find that the farm i had next to the warp point was gone. I then went back to the ship to head to the outpost, but my bookmarks were gone! same with my planet book marks. So i explored the planet that it put me on, finding ANOTHER archaic gate, which needed core fragments. upon reaching the outpost, all of the shops were closed like i had never done the quest's to repair the ship and scan the outpost, even though i had completed them and was on the "Scan Hylotl" objects quest. I also couldn't access the tech station without giving the guy metals again. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this same glitch. To clarify, it was not a multiplayer character, i had never played with someone on this character. as i know universes are character specific.

2. Manjaro

Manjaro Void-Bound Voyager

Same happened to me. Luckily made y home on one of the planets i had missions for and tracked the mission. I couldn't get to the planet for some reason because i was out of fuel(It was the start i never got any to begin with). The outpost had also been reset and all the unlocked vendors hand been gone. The Grand Protector was still there and her mission progress remained unchanged but everyone else was. I got enough credits to buy 1000 fuel, and went i got back to my ship i set my tracked quest as the coordinates. I traveled back tot he planet and upon beaming there(my farmstead as set up at the beam point) I found my house and everything the way I left it. Strangely enough my flag for bookmarking was still there but i guess it reset too so i put in its name again and bookmarked it. I didn't feel like redoing all the bosses to get back to the vendors i had, so i redid them but with admin console commands to speed through them and get back to the part of the story that i left off on to get all the vendors back on the base.

All I can say is, that if you haven't deleted your character already then, try what i did and use a quest from the last planet you were on(if you had one), or the coordinates if you remember them. everything should be the same as you left it albeit it the flags or teleporters you left might need to be re-bookmarked. If I hadn't thought of that from the get go i might have not only deleted my character but I would've quit this game so hard.

3. nomaki

nomaki Space Hobo

For anyone else who finds their way here for the same issue (Outpost progress being reset), paraphrased from this Reddit post are the commands you can type into the chat window to restore your progress:

First, you will need to make yourself an Admin
    WARNING! This also unlocks absolutely everything from crafting, tech upgrades etc; so for the sake of not ruining all the fun for yourself, try to avoid doing anything whilst Admin mode is enabled!

If you are playing single player, you can just type:
    Code:
    /admin
    to grant yourself Admin rights in your universe

If you are hosting a multiplayer server, see this update log to add yourself as an Admin to your universe.

Once you have admin rights, type in one of the following commands based on your prior progress in the story:

Have you done the scan quest?

Code:
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission1
    Have you found the Floran artifact?
    Code:
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission2
    Have you found the Hylotl artifact?
    Code:
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission3
    Have you found the Avian artifact?
    Code:
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission4
    Have you found the Apex artifact?
    Code:
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission5
    Have you found the Glitch artifact?
    Code:
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission6

Once you have made sure your Outpost is back to how it was, just type
    Code:
    /admin
    or remove yourself from the server's admin list to disable Admin mode and go back to bounding across the stars!