1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlimited amount of FUEL?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GatheredVermin, Sep 14, 2016.

1. GatheredVermin

GatheredVermin Space Hobo

Has anyone else run into a umlimited amount of fuel on their ship?
    Let me clarify, I currently have one Engineer and Mechanic. As time goes by these crew members continue to increase my ships fuel capacity AND fuel efficiency. To the point where it cost me 1 fuel to travel anywhere, no matter the distance. On top of having over 5k fuel capacity.
    My concern is if this the intention of the game. Granted I have upgraded my ship 5 times. I don't know if that has anything to do with the ships limit of fuel.
    At this point in the game, fuel just feels irrelevant now.

Ankali likes this.
  2. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that the teleporter mechanics break the game's sense of distance far more than fuel upgrades. At least ship travel takes time and interacting with the map.

GatheredVermin likes this.
  3. GatheredVermin

GatheredVermin Space Hobo

Haha that too. I agree.

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Pfft. 1 fuel. For me it's zero fuel.
    On topic: yeah, that kinda makes fuel useless. Albeit in my opinion, it just cuts out the middleman since I don't think anyone chases fuel around moons when you can either build a liquid generator or cough up some pixels and buy fuel at Outpost.
    And may I direct you here?

5. Dactylos

Dactylos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Liquid generator? How does that work? Speaking as someone with a fully upgraded matter manipulator that does moon dives for solid and liquid fuel.

6. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Basicaly, it abuses the fact that a) ocean-type planets (Ocean, Arctic, Toxin, Magma) generate corresponding liquid infinitely in any tile below waterline and above underground which doesn't have a background, and b) if a very-very small amount of liquid is poured down into pool of another liquid, it "rounds down" and becomes that liquid (i.e. if I manage to somehow pour, say, 1/8th of a block of water into pool of fuel, water will become fuel). The trickiest part is regulating the flow that way so it pours constantly, but in relatively small amounts, else magic will not work.

GatheredVermin likes this.
  7. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Link to industrial fuel generator here. Built and tested in 1.1. Needs tweaking, though. Tends to get water into the fuel pools if the timing on the doors is off, so it requires monitoring.

8. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Yeah I do have to agree on that, I calculated that it takes about 62-64 upgrades to efficiency to make cost 1-0 units of fuel. Ugh, it makes it more easy to do that, so I just fire my Technicians.