WIP Unofficial Stardew Valley Patch [v0.1.0]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Koihime Nakamura, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

I've got an alpha of a patch mod built up. So far, it really only resolves two bugs. Hopefully. But, the thing is, I need saves for them.

So if you have a save that has the following bugs:

1. The initiation quest for the adventure guild is not slimes, or that killing slimes doesn't advance it
    or
    2. The socialize quest doesn't increment when you talk to somebody or instantly resolves

I would really appreciate it if you could send it to me so I can test out the bug fixes.

Or if you want to try it, you can download the alpha, that works too.

xangria and Pathoschild like this.
    • Koihime Nakamura

Actually, and now includes a tentative fix? for #3: Crops may not process at the end of the day.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I don't think I ever personally experienced those issues, but I went back & found a few old topics where I helped fix savefiles for users experiencing the Initiation Quest bug.

These 3 topics have both the bugged, and fixed saves:

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/initiation-quest-bug.132761/
        https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/initiation-bug.132778/
        https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/initiation-quest-bug.136022/

• Koihime Nakamura

• Koihime Nakamura

So with those I can confirm #1 is fixed. #2 uh.. isn't. I think I had the wrong save. =/

#3 is in testing.

• Koihime Nakamura

Update

• The patch fixes the initiation bug.
            • I was unable to fix the crop bug, as I couldn't get harmony to work
            • The socialize quest bug might be trickier to fix, but I submitted it as a bug report to the developers
            • Investigating the cask bug
            • Looking into the geode/book issue.

• Koihime Nakamura

V0.0.56

- Fix for the socialize quest. The problem for this is somewhat simple: it manages to not initiate properly by not loading any of the part details, setting the count to 0, and so the inbuilt mechanism to catch it doesn't. The fix is that it now checks this condition. (It's more obvious if you have a lot of mods, especially ones that may alter during skip intro.)

(I fixed this because it keeps hitting me and I was tired of it. I am intending to wait until 1.3 is stable before reassessing patch progress.)

Attached Files:

• SecretJoy

SecretJoy Space Hobo

I literally just created an account on these forums to thank you!

I appreciate you so much for creating that fix. Messing with coding makes me twitchy, so your patch was a life saver.

• ophelya

ophelya Aquatic Astronaut

Hi! I first wanted to say thank you for making this, and secondly wanted to ask how to install it (I know it's a silly question but I'm unsure). Thanks!!

• llvllr30

llvllr30 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i think just install it in smapi mod folder

• Koihime Nakamura

Don't install it at all if you use 1.3. It's not updated.

• Koihime Nakamura

Update

I'm restarting updating for 1.3 beta, since there are bugs that are basically looking like they won't be fixed. Changelogs will be maintained here

HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you are looking for more bugs to fix, there is a very aggravating bug with Krobus. He will not speak to you if you did not enter the sewers the previous day. He skips straight to the shop menu, and you don't get friendship credit for talking to him. He will also not speak to you if reloaded your save.

In summary, in order to speak to him at all you have to
                          1) Have been in the sewers the previous day
                          2) Not reloaded your save today

For the longest time, I just thought that Krobus just doesn't speak at all, except for the initial introduction. But no, he talks all the time, he's just terribly bugged. If you tend to play one day per sitting like me, you will rarely get to talk to him.

• Koihime Nakamura

Huh. I'm not observing that one. Can you send me your save file? What days are you trying to talk to him on? All of them?

USDVP:

Version 0.4 (alpha 9)

This mod is for 1.3.15+ only due to how it works. I'll update it if I need to for future releases

Fixed in this edition
                            • Gifts should now properly reset [#10]
                            • Animals having an overflow issue and happiness drain [#6]
                            • Weather reports not matching [#7]
                            Removed because observed fixed in 1.3
                            • Placing fences on any mine floor and then blowing them up spawns a ladder bug [#9]
                            • Books and Geodes don't display the correct message [#5]
                            • Casks crash when struck by a tool [#4]
                            • Initiation Quest selecting wrong monster [#1]**
                            ** This bug may not actually be fixed, though. Investigating a report

Note: If you are experiencing the gift bug, and have only 1 gift, please give the NPC another gift that week to reset. If you just don't want to wait, you can type in usdvp_giftreset into your SMAPI console to force a reset then and there. Be aware that to prevent abuse of the force reset, it will not give the additional friendship you'd normally get for giving two gifts a week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
                            • Koihime Nakamura

Update for a few more bugs fixed will be out soon.

• Koihime Nakamura

Updated to alpha.11 - Changes
                                • Marnie occasionally doesn't see the barn [#12]
                                • Marlon's NPC entry is bugged, causing crashes [#15]

Attached Files:

• SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry for the super late reply. It turns out that the Krobus bug was fixed natively in 1.3, which is why you couldn't see it. I recently switched to 1.3 and the problem went away.