Modding Help Unpacking Asset Folder

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Jonnie the Novakid, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Jonnie the Novakid

Jonnie the Novakid Space Hobo

Hello there! Unfortunatly im unable to unpack my asset folder. The last time i did it was longer ago. Ive tried everything what could function. Powershell and .bat files didnt work. There is a packed.pak file in my asset folder but i cant open it. And since there isnt a downloadable asset folder im stuck. What should i do/try?

Attached Files:

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Use Google. Look up how to unpack the assets. There are several methods and a few tools to help.

3. Jonnie the Novakid

I appreciate your help. But i think that wouldnt help. Its mostly everything the same. Powershell starts the Unpacker in the win32 folder. Mod helper and the .bat files are mostly the same. And thats the point. The code doesnt work for me. Is there any way else before trying to reinstalling the game?

4. lazarus78

Code:
    start /wait /min .\asset_unpacker.exe ..\assets\packed.pak ..\assets\_unpacked
    pause

This will work. Put it in your win32 folder and run it.

5. Jonnie the Novakid

Thank you. But im having one issue. Like the half of the assets are missing. Or is this(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\UnpackedAssets) the wrong directory?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  6. lazarus78

Where are you getting "UnpackedAssets" from? Did you let the batch finish running? It can take several minutes.

7. Jonnie the Novakid

I know. I thought the Unpacked assets folder is from the script. Anyway, I copied the script, saved as batchfiles, runned it and it took like 0.5 secs and closed itself.

8. lazarus78

Where did you save it? Its supposed to be in the Win32 folder.

9. Jonnie the Novakid

I put it in there. Just how you told me to. If i would be at my Computer id send a screen

10. Jonnie the Novakid

Ive reinstalled starbound now. Nothing changed. still having issues.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017