1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Unplayable FPS and Game not Updated?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by unviable, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. unviable

unviable Space Hobo

I play on Windows 7 on a laptop and before the update to 1.0, my game ran perfectly fine and I could play it without problems.
    However, after updating to 1.0 yesterday, I noticed that the game still said 'Starbound - Beta' in the title bar after launching it. I also checked later on in the .exe's properties and found that the product version was still listed as 0.9beta. I found this weird but I found a lot of others had this problem and I also was able to choose to play the intro mission which my friend told me had only been released in this update so I assumed the game had updated and this was just a bug.
    When I had created my character, noticing a few fps drops when making changes, I entered the game and experienced absolutely unplayable fps. Spiking from 0 to 3 fps maximum. The game was completely unplayable. I assume it might have been a problem with the intro mission so I skipped it and still found the same problem when in my ship.
    After managing to reach a planet, the fps was still unplayable until I had moved away from where I had entered the planet and it became slightly better but was still drastically slower than it had been before the update.
    I can't see that the update has caused such drastic changes that my computer would now be unable to handle or run the game, especially since I frequently play and run games perfectly that I would assume would be a lot harder to run.
    I'm also wondering if the awful fps has anything to do with the other problem I've had of the game showing that it is still in 0.9.
    I have reinstalled the game and rebooted my system but there have been no changes.
    Is there anything I'm doing wrong or anything I can do to resolve this problem or is this an optimization issue with the game or will I simply have to give up playing?

Giovanne likes this.
  2. ErebusAmauro

ErebusAmauro Astral Cartographer

I'm in your same situation. Hope there will be a solution for this. I don't wanna give up this game.

3. Giovanne

Giovanne Master Chief

exactly the same here

4. ErebusAmauro

Okay, people. There are another thread in the support sub about this same problem we have, but some people are suggesting solutions. Till the game devs put a real solution over the table, may it be our best try.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/low-fps.118438/

Good luck to everyone. I'm just so anxious to play this game as yours.

Giovanne likes this.
  5. survival

survival Poptop Tamer

ErebusAmauro likes this.
  6. ErebusAmauro

survival likes this.
  7. survival

survival Poptop Tamer

well until then imma be playing the glad still

ErebusAmauro likes this.