1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Unsubscribing from mods bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ectoplasm9, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ectoplasm9

ectoplasm9 Orbital Explorer

I unsubscribed from like 6 mods or so, and when i tried to play on my character again, it would not start.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Some mods alter the game so much that it is not a good idea to remove them on an existing save because a removal of these mods may remove necessary parts. Please also provide your starbound.log which is located in the storage folder of your starbound install. Maybe there is a possibility to restore the character.

Also please give a list of the mods you removed.

3. ectoplasm9

I removed some mods that have been discontinued, and some special ship mods.
    I removed the novakid energy weapon mod, thanos mod, better UI mod, and a mod that I cannot remember the name of, but it made shields appear around me.

4. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

Try reinstalling them one by one, you'll be able to know which one is causing trouble

If even doing that doesn't work, give your Starbound.log to us ( Which is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage) and upload the file in this thread

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. ectoplasm9

I have fixed the problem myself, but now installing workshop mods does nothing.