1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Update

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Celestin6669, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestin6669

Celestin6669 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason i still have "Latest stable update: Glad Giraffe - Update 1 (December 8, 2015)", i dont know how to update the game, i reinstalled it and still says "update 1". Can you guys help me too solve this problem please? bandicam 2016-06-19 11-35-56-296.jpg

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Steam should update it by itself. Also the version shown in the launcher isn't the actual game version. When you start starbound you have the version in the right bottom corner when you're in the main menu.

~ Iris ~

3. Celestin6669

K, ill check it in game... and it Glad Giraffe Update 3[​IMG] . So, are they gonna fix this bug in launcher in future?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  4. Iris Blanche

It's not a bug imo. Afaik the launcher access a webpage on the starbound server itself and this one must be updated. But i don't think that they'll do it until development is finished.

~ Iris ~

Edit:
    for the stable branch update 3 is the latest version. ;)
    All other things since then were implemented in the nightly builds.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. Celestin6669

But nightly build not stable, isn't it? So for all new things i must play in nightly build?

6. Iris Blanche

You have in your steam library starbound - unstable. There you can select nightly in the beta tab. The unstable/nightly data will be stored independent from the stable version so you won't loose any progress there for now.

~ Iris ~

7. Celestin6669

Even if i played with mods?

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Nightly builds are updated most often, but are subject to game-breaking issues given that it's mostly intended for sneak-peeks and beta testing. Content is eventually bundled into the Unstable build, where it's then pushed to Stable for proper play.

So, all new things do reach Stable eventually. But getting in early with Nightly does come at a cost, so you should know what you're in for before making the switch.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  9. Iris Blanche

Mods will be mostly incompatible with the nightly because most mod authors don't update them to nightly. But your character files, universe files and yes even mods are independent if you are using them in stable. Nightly is a standalone installation with it's own folder.
    But like @Jonesy already said it does come at a cost.

~ Iris ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.