Updates -- Dev Blog and Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cariyaga, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Cariyaga

Cariyaga Void-Bound Voyager

First off, I'm rather curious as to how often the dev blog is planned to be updated -- that is, the news feed on the main page for Stardew Valley's page. I love those little insights into the development process, and more than anything that gets me excited about it.

Additionally, however, once the game releases, what sort of development cycle is foreseen for updates to it? Will there be small, weekly updates for bugfixes, with biweekly content updates, big monthly updates, or what?

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Would like to see this too

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

I've been neglecting the front page of the site a little, I know. Hopefully that will change soon... I want to keep everyone posted and engaged on the development process, without giving too many spoilers :monkey:

About the updates... I'm really not sure yet, I don't have a set plan on how I will do those. However, I won't just stop working on the game after it's released... so you will get updates for a good while anyway. I think most likely there will be the inevitable bug fixes at first, followed by content updates/balance tweaks whenever I can. It is also possible that I might release more substantial updates over time... I do have ideas. :)

• Onion

Onion Void-Bound Voyager

While I am anxious to learn about this game, I am even more anxious to play it. I'm happy to see devs put more time into making a game than promoting it. As far as I'm concerned, you guys just keep doing what you're doing. From what I've seen, this game will be awesome.

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

I agree. Also, dev, not devs, I think :) Which is all the more reason I agree with you.

peace

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, dev is definitely a singular in this case.