Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This thread is no longer maintained. See updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4 instead.

----------------------------------

Why does Stardew Valley 1.3 break mods?

That update includes a huge number of changes to support multiplayer, which breaks most mods that depend on the changed code. SMAPI automatically detects and disables broken mods.​

How do I update my mods?
    Follow the instructions on the SMAPI compatibility page. If a mod is still broken, post a message in this thread and we'll help. Make sure to attach your SMAPI log after trying the mod.​

What do modders need to do?
    If your mods are broken, see for mod developers.​

Continued from how to update mods for SMAPI 2.0.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

These files are outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

(This is a placeholder for unofficial updates. Don't download these files directly! Follow the instructions in the previous post instead.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I tested all known SMAPI mods in Stardew Valley 1.3.0.33 alpha. Out of 373 mods: 15% (56) are compatible or have a workaround, 54% (203) are broken but open-source, and 31% (114) are broken and closed-source. We haven't updated any mods yet, so those numbers will improve over time.

compatibility over time.png

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Dude, of course almost no mods are compatible, they changed how 99% of all fields are accessed, the likelihood of a mod not using *any* of those is like, infinitely tiny! :O

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep. The initial tests were intended to (a) identify which mods already work and which we should update, (b) identify mods that SMAPI should disable, and (c) set a baseline so we can track 1.3 compatibility over time. The results went into the updated compatibility list (currently a separate 1.3 section).

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

My mods are opensource, there is no link at nexus, but there is one at the first page of the Animal Husbandry thread on this forum.
              Here is the link: https://github.com/Digus/StardewValleyMods

I will start working on updating it as soon as I can get the new version.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Digus likes this.
              • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Most of the Content Patcher mods which properly take advantage of editing instead of simply loading a whole xnb file should be compatible once Content Patcher itself updates. At worst, if there is new content added that is relevant to the CPP, the old version would merely not modify the new content, but should not crash. This is really going to be where Content Patcher is going to flex its muscle, and we're probably going to see an end to XNB mods in general, with CPP's taking that niche.

In regards to my personal work, Lazy Fish will need to be updated to make all the fish released in the new content lazier as well, but the unofficial Bigger Shed CPP port, despite being a 'load' CPP, should carry over unless something happened specifically with the shed.xnb file (which I find doubtful). The unofficial Bouncy Chests CPP should carry over as well, since it just edits the part of the spritesheet that has that animation sequence, unless that entire sheet was reorganized.

Honestly, I should have everything back up and running within an hour of Content Patcher being updated.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ShneekeyTheLost I just released Content Patcher 1.4 alpha, which is compatible with the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.3 beta. :)

ShneekeyTheLost likes this.
                  • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Any expected date we will get access to Stardew Valley Beta?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about the language of this upcoming version?
                      Does this version only support English?
                      I remember that version 1.2 release other language support for more than half a year later.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@genman They announced plans for French, Italian, Korean, and Turkish in 2018. It doesn't sound like that'll be in Stardew Valley 1.3 though.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This week I focused on finishing SMAPI 2.6 beta, improving the code analysis modders will use to update their mods, and updating mods so they'll be ready on day one of the beta. Out of 386 mods, 29.8% are now compatible or have a working alternative (up from 15% last week).

compatibility-over-time.png

Here's a list of the mods I updated this week (some with other improvements and fixes). Those marked 'unofficial' have an unofficial update on the compatibility list, so players can use them now while the authors are reviewing the updates for official release.
                          Besides those, many others now have a working alternative or workaround; see the compatibility list to look up specific mods.

TerrorFox12345 and Starain like this.
                          • Savermod

Savermod Void-Bound Voyager

I just loaded the Beta update, and my mods are broken, even after re-installing. The only one I'm truly heartbroken over is Automate. I know that the UI mod doesn't have a compatible version yet...

Copy/Paste of the Error Log below... I hope I'm just missing something really simple and/or stupid...

[18:53:32 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.6-beta.2 with Stardew Valley 1.3.3 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                            [18:53:32 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                            [18:53:32 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2018-04-30T22:53:32 UTC
                            [18:53:32 TRACE SMAPI] Starting game...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Automate (Automate\Automate.dll)...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Failed: it's outdated. Please check for a newer version at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063 or https://smapi.io/compat
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Console Commands (ConsoleCommands\ConsoleCommands.dll)...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] UI Info Suite (UI Info Suite\UIInfoSuite.dll)...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Rewrote UIInfoSuite.dll to fix StardewValley.Game1.tileSize field...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Broken code in UIInfoSuite.dll: reference to StardewValley.Game1.onScreenMenus (field returns IList<StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu>, not List<StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu>).

[18:53:38 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped 2 mods:
                            [18:53:38 ERROR SMAPI] Automate 1.9.1 because it's outdated. Please check for a newer version at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063 or https://smapi.io/compat
                            [18:53:38 ERROR SMAPI] UI Info Suite 1.6.3 because it's outdated. Please check for a new version at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1150 or https://smapi.io/compat.

[18:53:38 INFO SMAPI] Loaded 1 mods:
                            [18:53:38 INFO SMAPI] Console Commands 2.6-beta.2 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.

[18:53:38 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates...
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Context: locale set to en.
                            [18:53:38 TRACE game] Signing into GalaxySDK
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] SMAPI okay.
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] Checking 2 mod update keys.
                            [18:53:38 TRACE SMAPI] All mods up to date.
                            [18:55:57 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
                            [18:55:57 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing SMAPI's main content manager. It will no longer be usable after this point.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Savermod Automate is already updated, you just need to download the beta version under 'optional files' on Nexus. (That's true for any mod that says "use optional download" in the compatibility list.)

• Savermod

Savermod Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild Bless you, and thank you for your wonderful, wonderful mods!

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Better Shipping Box, by Kithi. This bumps version to 1.1 and makes it compatible with SDV 1.3.3-beta

Attached Files:

• froststar11

froststar11 Void-Bound Voyager

Walk Through Trellis mod works with the beta update for me with no updates. So does Scythe Harvesting.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.