Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monoui

Monoui Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild I'm using the Deluxe Grabber mod you've updated, the mod appears to be loading just fine, and I've tested on a new game save with the setforagerlocation to try to get the global foraging to work at the bus stop, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've also got a grabber in the forest and it's not grabbing any foragables from there either. I wasn't sure if it grabs things passively throughout the day or it's one of those thing where you wake up in the morning and the grabber is full, so I have been sleeping just to be sure. Am I simply doing something wrong or is the mod not working?

Also, I have not updated my game or SMAPI in some time. Could this be affecting my results? My other mods are working just fine!

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

The Deluxe Grabber works fine and I am only using one for global forage. Did you check your SMAPI log to see any errors? What are your config settings?

• Monoui

ok, checking... weird, it says no autograbber at the global location! I'll keep messing with it and see if I can get it to work

EDIT: okay, it must not have liked the location I set for the global grabber, I have a new location set that is working fine now!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
        • Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Make sure the coordinates are correct and that the map name is exactly as it's stated when you look it up. You may need to wait a day till it activates but it should be good after that.

• Monoui

Yeah, I got it right this time and it's working. I appreciate the assist!

• Balogrim

Balogrim Orbital Explorer

• Neferatem

Neferatem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having an issue with the Deluxe-Grabber mod.

The auto-grabber seems to be unable to grab all global forage for me.
              Using the latest unofficial version in combination with automate, to have everything put in a chest next to it.
              Not sure if it's because I use SVE and have more land to cover, but even on my farm (where I have set the grabber) not all forage is picked up.
              Is there a max amount of forage the grabber can get each day? Or should I set the Distance in the config higher? (currently at 999)

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

I don't think Deluxe Auto-Grabber is compatible with Automate.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Deluxe Auto-grabber works fine with Automate. I'm not sure how well it works with the newer versions of Farm Type Manager and it's custom forage spawning, though.

• DemainaNyx

DemainaNyx Void-Bound Voyager

Question, I'm using the Farm Expansion Unofficial version with SVE. Everything works fine but SVE has the seasonal minimap, which doesn't fit well with how the Farm Expansion mod adds it's land to the minimap. I'm curious how complicated it would be to add a Seasonal minimap setting to the config file (or maybe an SVE setting) and then use season specific world map? Or, if that's too complicated right now, possibly have a setting in the config file to remove the Farm Expansion from the minimap entirely?

I recolored the expansion to match the minimaps in SVE (attached), but had to move its original spot to the left on the minimap so I don't know how much that will complicate anything code wise. It pastes perfectly on top of the "default_{season}.png" images in the "[CP] Immersive Farm 2 Remastered/assets/default" folder if that helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
                    • Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

I know that Deluxe Grabber works with FTM but it will not take forage that's not available when the day loads except for truffles. I have spawned bushes with the world_bushreset command that it'll not take till the next day. Anything that spawns later will not be taken till the next day.
                      I am not sure why you need Automate with Deluxe Grabber unless you're using a bigger box as the space number is the same.

• Neferatem

Neferatem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If FTM spawns the forage after the day has loaded then that explains why it appears to not grab everything from all maps.
                        I forgot about that, but it makes sense now, the grabber grabs yesterdays spawn from FTM.

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Yes that's right. I have proven that with the bushes. If you use the world_bushreset command to spawn new bushes during berry season, those bushes wouldn't be picked till the next day as everything is picked clean the next day as proof.
                          I do believe that FTM is spawning items later in the day since I can go to custom maps and still see a bit of forage sometimes.
                          Sadly since this is an unofficial version I can't ask the original author for a fix to this but it's really no problem. If overload is an issue, you can use a box and Automate but if you put the grabber in your farm then this shouldn't be a problem if you checked it daily.

• supulton

supulton Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys...since I spend most of my time primarily lurking this specific thread, I was wondering if someone could help me pinpoint a mod conflict... I've posted all the info here: https://community.playstarbound.com...error-occured-in-the-base-update-loop.157928/

But tldr; After a strange crashing sound, a bunch of red error messages about "base update loop" pointing to
                            StardewValley.Events.SoundInTheNightEvent.makeChangesToLocation() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Events\SoundInTheNightEvent.cs:line 160

and unable to save my game on sleeping. Not sure how to reproduce or when it will appear again..

EDIT: Log here: https://log.smapi.io/Rzf4B5Ki

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@supulton I'll help in the separate thread.

@Balogrim I only updated the mods for compatibility with the latest versions; I suggest asking on the mod pages directly about possible bugs in the original mod.

• olemaire

olemaire Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I tried to join the Discord server from the link, but it's not working. My Discord username is livipup#3044. Can somebody add me?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@olemaire Are you using the link on this page? What happens when you try to use it; do you see an error?

• hvxxing

hvxxing Orbital Explorer

Is there an update for 'more food' by Paradigm Nomad? I have 'more recipes' downloaded by according to my SMAPI log they aren't the same.

Also for Artisan Valley Machine Goods?

I also am looking for Sweet tooth.

Thanks in advance! I have multiple mods that need these and aren't loading.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

More food and More Recipes are the same thing. AV Machine Goods are available on the AV page. Sweet Tooth support has been dropped as well.

• Katiemae2

Katiemae2 Void-Bound Voyager

is animal sitter being updated or is there a new mod for that?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.