Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sashuka

sashuka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I saw that farmhouse_tiles was edited so I think this mod also need an update
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2284

Also, how can we now add more custom shirts? I edited xnb file before update, but now it looks different and I dont wanna risk

• flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

Another request for all the wonderful modders out there: Companion NPCs

Thanks to everyone working so hard!

methseyers likes this.
      • fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Can't do much without the source code for this mod. That's just the compiled DLL. Doubt you'll have much like getting somebody to attempt to decompile it.

• hanabikai

hanabikai Void-Bound Voyager

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!! <3

So grateful for everyone here and all the modders hard at work fixing mods!
          I didn't think I would post, but I realized when I wanted to date Sandy (lmao) that the "Looking for Love" mod is now out of date!
          Does anyone know if it's been updated elsewhere or if there's a substitute mod? Would love to be able to date everyone again haha~

Eat lots of food you guys!

• Paradisemaydie

Paradisemaydie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess that it will be very difficult to update then, cause the smapi wiki marks it as not open source so the code most be with the author who hasnt been activate in 2 years and last i checked the one person who updated it has been inactive since february

For some reason it wouldnt let me edit my comment to add the mod page but here it is just in case
            https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/771?tab=files

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2019
            • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Ace doesn't allow distribution of their mods, but they will accept updates sent to them sometimes!

Json Assets picked up clothing support! A couple packs are already up here:
              https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3374

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2019
                toreify likes this.
              • fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Unfortunately I think this mod will die. Unless we can find an old source code for it. As I said before, somebody could try to decompile the DLL, but that's a shot in the dark, really.

• maxiner

maxiner Scruffy Nerf-Herder

noted! thank you for the response
                  i understand that it's become slightly more difficult for clothing modders so i was curious

SapphireFrost likes this.
                  • drakulalewis

drakulalewis Void-Bound Voyager

Doing a bloody great service here people, thank you.
                    We're in desperate need of an update to ChestEx which is open source, the code is here.

If you're also stuck with items being deleted in 1.4 because of it, you can use this guide to downgrade Stardew Valley — if you're on Steam — without having to download a pirate copy. You'll basically have to sort your chests to use the default maximum rows/columns, save and then update to 1.4 again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
                    • smenard357

smenard357 Aquatic Astronaut

• minervamaga

Modding clothes is actually easier with JA, no worries about conflicts! But the customization options are harder to access, so that's a bummer.
                      Paritee has been sadly AWOL for a while. I believe someone is looking into it, but trying to get JA support back in is proving a bit troublesome. You could try to remove the animals from your save file (if you aren't familiar with how to do that, pop into the SDV discord!).

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Here's an unofficial update to:

FishDex [PR]

Updated to work with SMAPI 3.0 and SDV 1.4

Attached Files:

Nextia, NaDR and tashas12 like this.
                        • ladywolfram21

ladywolfram21 Void-Bound Voyager

It would be super if someone could provide an update for MTN and/or Better Quarry. Thank you!

• Quackmori

Quackmori Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Purson

Purson Void-Bound Voyager

I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I download Replanter, the config file is not included in what gets downloaded. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry to bother you!

Edit: Apparently, the config file is generated after you run the game once. That isn't working, so when I still press the keybind, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for my first pointless message!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
                            • minervamaga

Underdark Sewer updated for 1.4! https://mods.smapi.io/#Underdark_Sewer. PR sent.

OPs, please let me know if you would like this update removed.

EDIT: The CP portion had some tile errors, catstar was kind enough to help patch those up! CP portion now bundled with SMAPI portion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
                                krows12, Riina_chan, fuwuffy and 16 others like this.
                              • blahblahbalhbalh

blahblahbalhbalh Void-Bound Voyager

haven't tried this one yet but this might be a good mod to replace kiskae https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4734?tab=files

EVLS2342 likes this.
                                • Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That mod was made after Minerva posted that, in response to discussion in the modding channel on the discord about the usecases for 1.4 Kisekae.

It's currently very simple but the dev is looking into adding more functionality.

minervamaga likes this.
                                  • strobelight

strobelight Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• artagnan21

artagnan21 Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.