Upgrading buildings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Commandervulkan, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Commandervulkan

Commandervulkan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will it be possible to upgrade an already placed building both inside and out such as a Coop?
    I.E adding more living space for the livestock and things of that nature?

• caskett

caskett Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't heard anything about upgrading buildings but I sure hope that we will be able to. In all games I've played with upgrading buildings, you have always been able to upgrade already placed buildings. So hopefully, yes :lolwut:

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Judging from the videos, I see basic and advanced structures. It's likely that you will be able to, but there is no concept or published information that displays the method you will be able to.

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Yup, there are upgrades to the buildings. The coop, for example, has two different upgrades.

LastDay likes this.
          • caskett

Cool! Will they be upgraded in height or width and length?

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

The game is in 2D...It'll either get longer or wider.

• caskett

It's possible for them to get taller.

• pinner52

pinner52 Space Hobo

really want upgraded building in one of my favourite things in harvest moon was saving up the wood and money for my new home extensions or upgrades to my barn. damn i want to be able to have a hot tub and a patio again like in harvest moon 64

• pinner52

pinner52 Space Hobo

also second story floors game cannot be missing that

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In pixel worlds, generally, buildings with a vast interior don't quite match their exteriors, akin to the Dr. Who Police Box. Since everything is done in pixels, you have to become imaginative with certain features, especially with a top down perspective. They will be able to make interiors large and multifloored easily, but how it will be made is questionable. Will the second floor be separate from the first floor in terms of is it on the same grid, or a totally different area? (Like the difference between inside and outside.)

We won't know for a while, but either way it's going to be awesome.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

TARDIS.

;)

• jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

Only this would be a TARDIC....Time And Relative Dimensions in Coops.

LastDay and oath2order like this.
                          • Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

What if... after you manage to defeat the corporation from taking over Stardew Valley, you end up expanding, and expanding, and expanding.... until you become the monster you worked to the bone to defeat!

Or maybe an idea would be to go an Animal Crossing route and allow us to customize the outsides of our houses more.