1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Uros IV (RAM's version) V 4.0

A ship that's a small, domed world.

1. IceCutlass

IceCutlass Void-Bound Voyager

hello green. do you know why that when i installed your mod the games graphic were BAD when its in full screen? i mean it looks like a nice mod but when it messes up your game...

2. XanWasting

XanWasting Void-Bound Voyager

I have just one thing to say, since I forgot about it in review.
    wow, these Rainmakers are a pain, they wash away all my crop. and they're like 60m up from ground level. fucking rainmakers.
    And while we're on light-sources critique, just a quick suggestion. personally, I think this mod would benefit greatly from addition of some long-range daylight-imitating lightsource. Because lighting all those green pastures and icy mountains with torches/ floodlights just makes me feel sad. christ it makes me sad. and the fuckmakers have too short range, in addition to making it rain. all that sadness.

3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I don't know how to create that type of light source, but that would be best, I agree. I tried a few things to no effect. The rainmakers was an experiment. It worked for what I wanted to to do, but I may have overused them in the design. If I ever update this it will probably include a redesign of where they're placed and how they're spaced from one another. Being able to turn them all on and off from a distance would be amazing, but we don't have support for that detailed level of level design for ships.

Nope. Never experienced that. They look fine to me.

4. ceoddun

ceoddun Void-Bound Voyager

I have basically the same problem with the rain it is so high that it does not fall for me because it is not even charged by the game and suddenly when I climb upstairs I have a lake that falls on me a lake Water and frezz: / if not a giant light like artificial sun would be cool and if not the last trick is the poto in the background its done just big stroke in the sky it's just ugly: / why not do Full of small dome, one for each almost island and that it is to connect
    But apart from esthetic your creation is genial and is the best mod ship does not believe that I say is just a criticism but on the contrary if I take the trouble to write it is because you are active and you can have An objective eye on what I present to you and still the improved :) free to take my idea or inspire you or just nothing to do and wash your ass with it, just know that you are genial

5. greenRAM

I agree. If it feels like I was messing around and experimenting, that's just because that's what I was doing. I really wanted to figure out how to make everything work the way I wanted it. I wanted reliable light sources, indoor rain, a lake, a unique landscape to explore and something that's worth digging for. I struggled a lot a figured out what will work and what wont. What I have here sort of shows the limits of what can be done with the shipworld. If I ever have time to go back and try working on this ship again it will be to work within those limits to create something much more elegant in its design. I'd love even more if someone much more talented than me at world sculpting designed something special for this. We have some amazing talents here. If I work on this again, I envision simplifying the design quite a bit, making the world much more flat and organic, adding plants and making it look much more natural. I enjoyed the idea of creating things like the mountain, but it all sort of just felt intrusive while playing. You can always make your own lake or mountain if you want. You don't need it built in. At least, that's how I felt while playing.

I might not be active for awhile. I don't know for sure though. My current job is gobbling up all the free time that I usually use for fun stuff like gaming and mod making. Going back in and working on a new version of this ship is one of the things I've been itching to do once i have that time back. Thanks for the feedback. I sort of feel the same way about most of these issues as you.

6. greenRAM

Got the initial work done. The design is only slightly changed to address some of the problems with the ship so far. I created a new glowing plant to take care of the lighting issue that less Rain Makers would cause, and I have those plants drop rain makers to allow for additional lighting and indoor rain generation if the need arises. I'll upload after I've gotten each of the races done, which I'm not sure when that will be, to be honest. In the meantime, feel free to test out what I have so far with the human race. I don't have a lot of time for testing, so a second pair of eyes might be helpful this time round.

The new Human Race build I'm working on: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwJ7qxGljUJ7RTltY0N2V0JzRTg/view?usp=sharing

7. TAImatem

TAImatem Subatomic Cosmonaut

greenRAM, I recently encountered a weird issue when trying to adapt your mod to Fenerox species: It seems like Starbound have some issues when standard mods try to change something done by Workshop mods (also, flag "requires" in metadata of standard mods can't find a workshop mod), in result it throws a "Could not apply patch from source" error even though Felin adaptation I did previously works.
    Is it possible to make the game think that certain mod was downloaded from Workshop?
    Besides, I can upload them both here, if you want
    Upd. reinstalled "Playable Fenerox" as a standard mod and now it works, so I can count my adaptation as working

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. TAImatem

Besides, please, fix floran's "hive" problem ("hive" block is now black). LoPhatKao replaced it with "floweryblock"

greenRAM likes this.
  9. TAImatem

A weird idea just came to my head: have you tried to use Tiled to build ship?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  10. TAImatem

I decided to make a program that will merge blockkeys. Almost finished even (only thing what is left is to implement comment transfer, rest seems to function w/o any (big) problems)

11. TAImatem

here it is, hope it will help

Attached Files:

greenRAM likes this.
  12. greenRAM

I'll have to come back and think about this later. Need sleep.

You can't use Tiled to build ships. It would be amazing if you could. The ship system is very simple. It feels like ships could have been much more, dealing with threats while in space, but the simpleness was at some point hard wired into the game.

Copy/paste is probably a good enough method for merging blockkeys for me, but it's a neat idea.

13. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

What I would recommend in terms of the rainmaker. I've toyed with it and come to 2 major conclusions over what's causing the problems.

First, there's too many way too close together producing far more water than is necessary. To the point to where it floods. Secondly, they're way too high up. It's not necessary to put them that far up and it causes problems with the face that water doesn't exactly flow well off screen.

Instead of suspended roof-dirt, make the rainmakers hanging off of a cloud suspended 15-20 tiles off the ground. Makes a bit more sense after all (especially in later tiers where it looks less awkward). A cloud with a flat bottom and each rainmaker 4 or 5 tiles apart each.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    greenRAM likes this.
  14. TAImatem

I should warn you though that the program automatically makes every block residual, but I made it quite easy to change that (just uncomment checks at the end of the .cpp and recompile it (now that I think of it, I got a bit better idea of how to resolve that problem))
    That merger is probably far from ideal anyway, so I recommend to check if the merge result works as intended
    And I probably should make a separate thread for that merger, it might be useful for some other modders

15. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

v3.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

First off: Wow. This mod is, simply put, really something. So much space to work with! I've only upgraded once so far, and it's still massive with so many possibilities. Frankly, the concept of the whole mod is insane. But in a good way. :)

Second: I'd like for the rainmaker plants to be replantable. They look really nice, but... I have plans, big building plans that can't be adjusted for the sake of little flowers. I'd rather uproot them and put them someplace else. Can we have replantables, please? And/or a way to get more seeds, like buying from Terra-Mart?

Third: I've just discovered a bit of a problem... there's no day/night cycle on the tier 4 ship (possibly the higher ones as well). This is actually a rather serious issue, because I use Frackin Universe and like to keep bees, and they only work during the day. (Except the nocturnal bees, obviously.) With no daytime on the ship, none of my bee apiaries produce anything at all. They did work fine before I upgraded the first time (and after the Mining Facility mission), so there was a day/night cycle before. Could you please implement this properly? It would really make this great, and I'm hardly the only FU user trying this mod, so... alternatively, tell me how to make the adjustment myself. (I'm using the human ship, btw.)

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  17. greenRAM

Thanks! The first upgrade is mostly Alsehr's original design. That original design was pretty amazing. I'm glad I could keep it alive into this current version. Use my Ore Plants+ mod to create more plantable rainmaker seeds. I'll update that mod in a little bit to make the non-wild variants glow properly. I'll also give them updated graphics and allow you to plant them anywhere without needing to water them. Hm... It looks like this mod will need another update as well. When the wild plants are smashed the wrong item drops. I guess I'll have that up in a little bit as well.

18. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Mooncalf99

Cool beans. Do you have any words on the day/night issue, though? (I'm guessing you missed me bringing it up, since I decided to edit my old post instead of newposting. My bad.)

20. Mooncalf99

Never mind. Forget all my complaints about day/night cycles and bee issues. I just forgot that bees need flowers to work with.

Yes. I am a massive idiot. :facepalm: