1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue v1.0 bug: Completed Ursa Miner 'Teddybear' quest not offered to new characters.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Stroomschok, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Stroomschok

Stroomschok Void-Bound Voyager

With my first character I completed the quest that opens the Ursa Miner in the Outpost (craft Teddybear and hand it in).

With my next new character I noticed that the Ursa Miner shop was already opened when first entering the Outpost and that the quest never became available. This has been the same for 3 more new characters that I have played past this point.

The first character that did the quest was not modded, 2 later ones were heavily modded (Frackin' Universe and several others) and did not get the quest, but a 3rd new character had no mods except for 'Rock On' and 'Lighting Overhaul', yet still did not get the quest.

Deleting the storage folder makes the quest available again, but I haven't tested if it would become locked again after this. I will probably find out in a few days when I have more time (crafting teddybear and playing yet another new character to the outpost) and will mention results here if required.

One detail (though I'm not 100% sure of this) is that I vaguely remember the Terramart and the Furniture frog stores not being boarded up and closed when I went through the outpost for the first time with a few later characters (which likely would be related to the quest not being given). Maybe if the bug is a 'feature of the persistent universe between characters, but I would think the Outpost should be excluded from this.

2. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

Just tested myself, and my new character could not accept the teddy bear quest. It appears that the Ursa Miner shop is tied to a persistent universe outpost. I remember both me and my girlfriend being able to complete the quest, but I think you need to have accepted it before the shop is repaired.

I also noticed that the beakeasy and weapons shop require each new character to complete their missions, and they are available right away on new characters due to the persistent outpost. Other shops and npcs that you have unlocked on previous characters will also be present and available.