Vanity slots for weapons and tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaiosama TLJ, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Kaiosama TLJ

Kaiosama TLJ Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is self explanatory, but I think I need to explain how they could work. The main idea is, of course, to have a way to change the appearance of your weapons and tools. For example, making the Galaxy Sword look like a Rusty Sword everytime you swing it.

The way I can see that happening is to have the vanity slot on the item, just like fishing rods have slots to equip bait and tackle. For weapons, maybe just the galaxy weapons may have this feature since they are the only weapons you want to have ideally (and also could make sense since they are "legendary" weapons). Of course, you could only equip the same type of weapon on the vanity slot. (for example: you couldn't make a Galaxy Dagger look like a Lead Rod)

For farm tools it can be a bit different since you "lose" the previous tool once you upgrade it. Instead, you buy fake tools (that are only used to equip in your actual tools to change appearance and nothing else) from Clint after they become available. The way they become available could vary, since it could be interesting to have unique "tools" for this purpose only. I will refer to them as "sets" when giving examples:

- Starter set - Look like your starter tools. Each one is available individualy after upgrading your tools to Copper.
    - Copper set - Look like your Copper tools. Each one is available individualy after upgrading your tools to Steel.
    - Steel set - Look like your Steel tools. Each one is available individualy after upgrading your tools to Gold.
    - Gold set - Look like your Gold tools. Each one is available individualy after upgrading your tools to Iridium.
    - Girly set - Pink tools, with some details in white. Available by having 8 heart frienship with Haley.
    - Stone set - Tools that look like could belong in The Flinstones. Available after donating a Dinosaur Egg to the museum.
    - Dwarf set - Dwarf-themed tools. Available after donating all 4 Dwarf Scrolls to the museum.
    - Rusty set - Look like your starter tools, but worn out by too much use. Available by having 8 heart frienship with Shane.
    - Joja set - Tools with Joja colors, the watering can even has a Joja logo. Available if you decided to complete the Joja Community Development Form.

And that's some examples I could think.