Various errors

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by NutoneGoose, Oct 10, 2017.

1. NutoneGoose

NutoneGoose Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, a while ago (a couple months) I downloaded mods for Starbound that eventually made the game literally unplayable (blackscreen startup). I uninstalled, deleted local folders and reinstalled.

Yesterday I started it up and found a couple problems. The first was framerate. It played a lot more choppy than usual and I noticed that my scanner tool does not work very well. I figured out how to improve the framerate by unchecking the high-dpi box in compatibility tab on the SB exe. I also turned off vsync via the config file. Now the game wont even launch via steam, I have to use the 64 bit exe directly. The scanner is still broken.

I would send a picture of the issue in question, but when I screenshot something via prntscrn button nothing shows up. The issue with the scanner is that it doesnt highlight anything. Usually when there are unscanned items they give off a blue aura. I can still scan items with the player commenting on it, but there is no visual effects when I use it.
    I am playing without any mods and I started a new game. I honestly am baffled and I couldnt find solutions anywhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.