village expansion as you level up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djchrisblue, Feb 13, 2013.

1. djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

Howdy--

I'm wondering how the townsfolk will improve as you do? One of my favorite parts about HM is how the world seems to get better as you do. ie, the more you level up, ship, and increase relationships...

1. New buildings appear/open
    2. New villagers appear (both named as well as generic subvillagers like in HM: Island of Happiness)
    3. New items/crops/livestock for sale

peace

Mopy likes this.
    • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Yeah I love stuff like that too. There are already some of those things in the game, and I'd like to add even more. I want players to feel like there's always something going on!

Mikey, Solum, Mopy and 4 others like this.
      • Zombie Draxx

Zombie Draxx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah like maybe the look of the NPC buildings get more decorative as you start to become more affluent or such?

• Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah! World progression! That would make this game really great. ^.^

• Vessol

Vessol Void-Bound Voyager

I recall that in a Harvest Moon: BTN and else Magical Melody, NPC's would move in as you became friends with others. Some would even move out if you neglected them. I remember finding that rather annoying because it would happen overnight with no notice, I'm sure a balance could be found.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Would like to see that :)
              Like selling a certain amount of wine to the shop would attract a barkeeper to the valley and make a bar there or something ;)

• Rogarth

Rogarth Void-Bound Voyager

Id like to see the shops in town come to you to get goods, like having some of the shop owner depend on you to providing certain goods to them on time.

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

This is a neat way to create an interdependent community :)

peace

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

World progression is one of my favorite features in games. I like how I get to be the one to influence the world.