1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Virorb monsters planned mod! Read please!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by TheTwilightDancer, Mar 10, 2019.

1. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

I am not a good modder but I definitely wanna make the attempt at creating a Virorb mod. And I don't mean a mod like the Playable Virorbs mod, I mean a mod that introduces the Virorbs as ENEMY MONSTERS! How awesome is that?! It's been a long time coming, and any help to make this a reality would be appreciated! It'll be my first time attempting to add monsters. I can do the sprite animations and such. (using sprites from playable Virorbs to do it) Anyone good at coding who wants to help, let me know!

I am hoping to get the Virorbs to behave exactly how their creator (thefluvirus) intends them to behave https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/virorbs.2689/ but if it's too complicated to code such behavior, I will be happy enough to have them behave in a way that they semi-attack your head but instead of attaching, they deal regular contact damage and cause an explosion effect that causes debuffs like burning, stunned, electric, doomed, etc. Not sure how attacks for Water Virorbs, Psycho Virorbs, Cell Virorbs, etc would work yet but I think Flower Virorb would have the exploding bug effect. (the same one from those beehive grenades)

Also for Water Virorbs, they may need to be coded into separate monsters for above water and underwater variations, that is, if there is no coding to allow above water monsters to change appearance underwater, and also, I imagine that Water Virorbs (both above and below water) could temporarily eliminate the air/giving effects of EPP packs, allowing you to drown regardless, if they hit you. (if head schlorping can't be coded in) Would probably need to be coded as a new debuff for this, a debuff that gives suffocation regardless of EPP and lasts long enough for you to have ran out of air and taken some damage. If you are out of water, the debuff will still be in effect, as the Virorb would either be on your head, or you could have accidentally inhaled water or something.

Anyone know if there is a monster template of some kind that helps start you up on adding monsters into the game? If I can get one, that would REALLY help me get a good start. I am not sure how to go about it without a template as a guide.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019