Race Visocu ~ The Watchers

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Khrono, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Khrono

Khrono Big Damn Hero

Visocu
    The Watchers
    Initial species:
    "OcuOcu"
    Named for the sounds they make when you stare at them, the OcuOcu are a small species​
    with four legs and a body consisting almost entirely of an eyeball. They consume their food with the eye as well.Once a small creature is killed by the OcuOcu's claws it will release an acidic compound from it's tear ducts and break the food down to a paste / liquid form that is then digested under the eyelid and subsequently the eyeball (Passage under eyeball leads to stomach).​
    History:
    The OcuOcu in the early stages of evolution did not indicate any more intelligence than the other species of it's home-world although it was very observant of anything that moved (How could it not be?). Early on in it's existence it's world was taken over as a mining planet by an unknown species. For hundreds of years they watched as their planet was destroyed and their species slaughtered. It is unknown if it was fear and rage or large amounts of chemicals introduced into the atmosphere that fueled the OcuOcu's rapid evolution but they evolved at incredible speeds.​
    In the few hundred years that their planet was occupied there was documented changes in their species by the visitors. The visitors did not seem interested as they abandoned the planet and never looked back once all notable resources were gathered. Once left alone to breed un-pestered by hungry aliens the OcuOcu's evolution sped up even more. Many generations were plagued by death and unsuccessful mutations but after only a few thousand years the OcuOcu were walking on two legs, using tools and passing on their knowledge.​
    Recent History:
    The OcuOcu, or 'Visocu' as they came to call themselves, lived in a bronze age-esk civilization for nearly 11 years before a major disaster changed everything. The damage done to their mined out planet had finally shown itself in the form of massive earthquakes creating unprecedented shifts in the landscape and a reveal of ancient secrets. A large number of the Visocu died off in "The Changing" but the technology of the visitors was unearthed in the process. Ships, tools, housing, many things were left behind when the visitors took flight and many things did the Visocu learn from them.
    Fueled by the newfound technology and the fear of an ever dying planet the Visocu had accomplished space flight a mere 70 years later. They were advanced enough to have sustained space travel in another 50 years.​
    Appearance:
    * The most notable feature being their giant eye.​
    * Small horns;​
    (Male: Usually one horn on the top of the head or forehead. Often straight or with a slight curve.)​
    (Female: A horn on each side of the head, often smaller with steeper curves.)​
    * Pale skin of various colours.​
    Traits:
    * Highly adaptable.​
    * Weary of other species but tolerant. Stick to their own if they can.​
    * Physically strong. Muscles develop regardless of activity. (Not crazy muscles just healthy)​
    * Given their quick and brutal history they are a fairly serious species but not frsrs srs. ;P​
    * Don't poke their eye... no really don't, it has a light coating of acid - like your stomach.​
    * Take natural disasters very seriously as noted by their fortified housing. Many Visocu will live in one space and combine their efforts and resources, sacrificing personal and physical space for more secure buildings.​
    * Highly susceptible to new diseases but their immune system is of the best once it adapts.​
    Sprites:
    **I am no pixel artist so I couldn't do horns sorry (I tried many times). I will keep trying and update the sprites if I get to an acceptable stage.**
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Khataclysme

Khataclysme Big Damn Hero

That's pretty good :)

3. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the friends of leela

4. One Eye Guys? It would be the first time I see EYEs (not black dots) into a Starbound Character Sprite! I like it, Terraria Syle ^^

5. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Reminds me of Leela's family...

6. Khrono

Khrono Big Damn Hero

Haha, yeah. Can't be helped, she is probably the only famous modern cyclops.

7. ThePhail

ThePhail Subatomic Cosmonaut

The pixels in the sprites eyes are different sizes. That's not good pixel art. Consider getting that fixed

8. Khrono

Khrono Big Damn Hero

No? It's a suggestion post not a finished product being sold. And to quote my own post since you only see pictures "I am no pixel artist".
    The sprite work was a quick way for me to get a visual representation of my idea out there. These sprites are pretty much just colour changed versions of the humans and the fact that I managed to even make the eye look like an eye (Seriously, you should have seen some of my attempts haha) is a miracle.

9. Bueno

Bueno Star Wrangler

try to fix the eyes and it would be cool. Nice work.-:badger: