Voice Acting Races for Starbound (Currently in Alpha)

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by jpmrocks, Jul 11, 2014.

1. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Hello forums!
    Recently I've been wanting to get more active in this community. And instead of getting sad over not being involved, I thought I'd be original (as far I know) in some voice acting practice. So, I'm deciding on voice acting (at male variants) of the all Starbound races. Some audio editing will be used for Glitch and Hyotl.
    But since I've got no time to start this weekend, I'd like to get a list of official in-game lines for different races. From you guys!

I'm going to go in order of this list below of which race to voice.
    - Floran
    - Glitch
    - Apex
    - Avian
    - Hyotl
    - Ship AI (Nightly Build Stuff)
    - Human (may not even do... Seems really easy)
    - Mushroom Folk (If I can figure out how)
    - Those frog people I keep finding underground

I just need a list of lines, mostly examinations of stuff, or NPC lines, and I can voice them. I'll probably throw A video for each race. I'm hoping to get about 3 - 4 minutes of each race. So, please, list below!

greenRAM, WoxandWarf and Dargona1018 like this.
  2. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

• Floran
      • "Floran greets you."
      • "Sharpleaf not amuuused."
      • "What isss this 'hair' of yours, human?"
      • "Floran ssstab much quicker, much faster. Put weapon awaaay!"
    • Ship AI
      • Lyrics to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air"
      • "Have a nice day."
      • "Welcome to your next life."
      • "Son... I am disappoint."
      • "Very good! You are now in possession of the Matter Manipulator. Please handle your tool with care. Manipulation of anything within the environment has proven to be completely safe. The tool itself, however, has not. Do not touch the operational end of the tool. Do not look directly at the operational end of the tool. Blah, blah, blah."
    • Novakid
      • "Well, light up my clouds, comrade."
      • "Wooo, gas giants!"
      • "Y'all come back now, hear?"
      • "I've been feeling optimistic long before I've been in body. I hope the same goes for your gears, Glitch."

3. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

I admit this sounds like a interesting project. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

4. jpmrocks

My current headset is kinda crap, and I'm hoping to get a better one soon. But I hope to get more lines by tomorrow.

5. jpmrocks

I might just have to do this as a "Teaser" until I get s'more lines. Although, if anyone knowns some SB comics, I can try my best there.

6. jpmrocks

I don't want to sound like I'm just bumping my own thread, but I have an unfortunate update for this project of mine. My headset is slowly dying, I'll be gone for the next two weeks, and some other third thing. This project will unfortunately have to be put on hold for quite some time, so, keep in mind. Still, post as many lines as you want.

7. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

• Glitch
      • "Query. Is there something I can do for you this day?"
      • "Pleased. It is good to see your kind, human."
      • "Enraged. Your snide actions have erased all tolerance I have for you. Threatening demand. Leave now or else."
      • "Pleading. If you do not give me what I want, my family will…"
      • "Humble remark. Our strength in numbers do not impress without quality. We may be the most diligent, but we are not superior in our utility."
    • Narrator (if in case, despite your thread title, you wouldn’t just do races)
      • "Beware all those who explore the unknown voids of the Fringe.”
      • "The very sight of tentacles pass through every living foreign being with dread and fear."
      • "Once adversaries with one another, every species from the brightest corners of the galaxy had united to stop the terrifying threat. After many aeons, war against the organic beast had finally come to an end, and all had rested well on that day.” (good ending)
      • "Legend has it that everytime a star disappears, a living being is created from it. One who lives the same as our kind do.” (Novakid lore)
      • "You have died, and the monster from the darkest depths of the fringe overcome the universe in a matter of days. Soon, every species have gone extinct, and all of space becomes nothing more than a never-ending blanket of flesh. …All is lost.” (VERY awful ending)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  8. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Apex:
    "Please don't cause any trouble, the Miniknog will take my family if you do."
    "A drawn weapon is a sign of intent."
    "Don't make me take that weapon away from you."
    "Holster that gun. Now."

9. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Avian:
    "I shall sing you the song of my people *squawks loudly* why are you cowering I thought you liked music?"
    "A GIANT TALKING FISH!"
    Hylotl:
    "Come, tell of all the uncultured species you met."
    "I don't envy you, having to rub shoulders with other species."

10. Cockatoo

Cockatoo Big Damn Hero

This sounds interesting definitely.
    I'd like to see how this would turn out eventually and I might be willing to contribute if it gets a little more notice!
    Just hit me up with a private message if you'd like to get some samples or something.

11. jpmrocks

This project is definitely on hold for now. BUUUUUT I am hoping to start it soon. At least get something. But thanks for the support :D

Cockatoo likes this.
  12. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds interesting.
    I look forward to hearing your impressions. ^.^

13. Lonesoul8

Lonesoul8 Void-Bound Voyager

This project is a great idea! Good luck!