1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

walls D:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mbloodrose, Jun 5, 2013.

1. mbloodrose

mbloodrose Void-Bound Voyager

2. Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

3. Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

Personally I think they need to just look at the jetpack code a little closer. If I remember game-maker, they're probably modifying the gravity of the character, or the downward force that is always being applied. What they need to do is make all the collisions you ahve when not on a rope, apply when you are on a rope. So you can't go through the walls and such.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I'm surprised that there even is collision detection for walls, a happy surprise.

• Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

Game maker has a trial version, if you want, then You can have the basic idea. But as far as I know the collision detection works like this, Basically you have the object, when the object comes in contact with another object, (specified in the code) you can tell it what to do. In this case it would be push the object [player] in the oposite direction of object [wall] but it doesn't do that for ropes, that I'm aware, hence all the glitches with people climbing into walls :p

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I use Game Maker fluently, I understand how it works. I meant to say "I would be surprised if they even used collision detection for walls, a happy surprise." That's because most Game Maker games tend to check if there's a block ahead of the object before moving forward, preventing any collision in the first place.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

But then still what do you mean, Excavater9? Checking for a collision with a wall or checking with a collision with a solid block - what's the difference you'd be happy about?