1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

want to build on moons without fear of meteors

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by KRANOT, Jun 10, 2017.

1. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

so i want to do a nice build on a moon BUT asteroids would reck it. so how do i either turn off asteroids or atleast protect my build from it?

i have seen some command to protect tiles but that requires an ID that i have no idea how to get.

2. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

The ID can be obtained by the /debug command. Of course, it means you can't mine or place anything, you would need to actually finish the base without it getting bombarded first.
    It's possible to mod moons to simply not have meteors, but that wouldn't help on moons that are already generated, and I haven't checked if my personal mod for it still works.

3. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

isnt there just a command to turn off meteors permanently? or a buildable shielgenerator like in hylotl citys to use?

4. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Nope.
    There was also a mod to enable a shield generator, but again, not sure about the update status.

5. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

build underground, or..

(Underlined things are commands, do those.)

First, do /admin. This should give you permission to use commands. (If it's multiplayer, you would probably need someone to give you permission to do that command.)

Second, do /debug. This is important, because it will give you the dungeon ID, which every world has.

Third, use /settileprotection. This is why the dungeon ID is important. You need this for the command to work.
    Example: If I wanted to make a world protected, and it's ID was 456764, I would put /settileprotection 456764 true

If done right, this should protect the world/tiles.

6. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Try a Terraformer. Change the global biome to something like, say, Forest, leave the moon, and then change it back to Lunar with mods. This should disable meteors. (as well as add air?)

7. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

If you get the less annoying weather mod, meteorites will not break blocks. Sand and snow will not get through walls and roofs when they are offscreen and will not block doors as well.

8. Namtazar

Namtazar Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can use some brain blocks (obtain it on Ruin's world, but it takes a loong time to mine this brain matter) to protect your base from meteors. Looks like this blocks are so resilient - meteors cant destroy it at all

9. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

/spawnitem humangenerator

Wire it to a switch, then turn it off and on a few times to make sure it works right. It will protect all player-placed blocks while active.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017