1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Wargroove Release: Bugs and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shubeans, Feb 1, 2019.

1. PortalShock

PortalShock Intergalactic Tourist

So basically my crash error is kind like the other node thing above, but different:

node "~.language" (null) at "(1:1)" is not a string type

Im on PC steam version

Edit:
    Ok so I just read the previous posts and so yeah I don't have a playerprogress.bat, and I cant upload playerprogress here because of the forum not letting me post that type of file

I could reset my game but I'm lazy to play the entire campaign again so is there any other way?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Awesome, thank you!
      I have no idea what's causing this, so I'm going to throw the log over the the Programming team ^^;
      Hopefully we'll get answers, and a fix up shortly!

• Shubeans

Send it over to me on Discord! Shu#4598

• Shubeans

Hello!
          Do you know if the exited the match at all during gameplay?

If not, we have a fix incoming for turn timers anyway, and I'm hoping this sort of fixes the issue as well >_>

• Cup Knight

Cup Knight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think he did. However, I'm glad that a fix is on it's way!

• PortalShock

PortalShock Intergalactic Tourist

I'm still pretty sure the bug is caused by my laptop powering off randomly

• Soaku

Soaku Space Hobo

Hey, I've bought Wargroove on Steam yesterday and downloaded it. I'm running on Ubuntu Mate. When I try to run it via Wine or Valve's Proton (which is a fork of Wine) the game quits before opening any GUI without any output, with status code 53. It doesn't seem to write any logs, my appdata doesn't contain the roaming folder. Any idea what does it mean? I tried the solutions mentioned in the thread, I have VC++2010 installed running on a 64 bit wineprefix.

Also, how can I run it with OpenGL via shell?

Thanks.

Edit: I runned Steam in Wine and Wargroove doesn't stop instantly, but creates no windows, it's just invisible. Few seconds after startup this appears in Wine's log:

Code:
                0112:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x8017c, filter=0x40afc70,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
                0106:err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 1696 bytes in thread 0106 eip 000000007bc5e0e9 esp 0000000000140f70 stack 0x140000-0x141000-0x240000

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
                • Staccato Semibreve

Staccato Semibreve Lucky Number 13

hi, I'm experiencing a crash on startup, with the steam opengl version of the game running in steam play, on arch linux

when I load the game using steam play, on either the default or the opengl version, with "--skip-intro" set in the launch options, there's a pause of a few seconds, then the game instantly uses up all 16gb of memory, causing my pc to freeze and then crash

I have previously had multiple sessions of playing the game a couple of days prior (which makes this especially frustrating, because now I know how much fun the game is!), using steam play and the opengl version (with --skip-intro) - the normal version didn't start up, and the default linux versions didn't start, and still don't, due to a supposed missing executable - so the game has definitely previously run on my system, with only minor audio issues some time into a session (which isn't really my priority here, but I'm giving extra information just in case it's helpful)

on one occasion, when attempting to start up, a dialogue briefly appeared saying that Halley was stopping, or unable to start, or something, due to an error with the steam api (I didn't get a good look at it, unfortunately)

log.txt contains only the line of text, "Halley is initializing...", found in "~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/607050/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Application Data/Chucklefish/Wargroove/log.txt", and the specific version of steam play is "Proton 3.16-6 Beta"

any help would be very much appreciated, and sorry for any inconvenience caused!

• Sebmansigh

Sebmansigh Intergalactic Tourist

I found a small gameplay bug/exploit that should be a relatively fix:

In fog of war map, when you use a wagon to drop a unit, occupied squares won't be highlighted or selectable even when obscured by the fog. You can use this to find the position of enemy units well outside of your field of vision consequence-free.

• Triggsy

Triggsy Space Hobo

Hello,

im playing on Nintendo Switch.
                      In the Puzzle Mission 15 'Storming the Keep', Nuru cant spawn any Ships.
                      After i tried this mission for an hour or so, and i was sure that its not possible, i checked a video on youtube, where nuru spawned a ship to win this puzzle.
                      But on Nintendo Switch, Nuru cant spawn Ships in this Mission.

• rofas

rofas Space Hobo

On Switch:

When playing local multiplayer with timer turned on, the game crashes if the player is on the build unit screen (barracks, dock, etc) when the time runs out. It happened multiple times on 1v1 with 2 minutes turn duration.

Also, is there a reason why the second player starts with more units on 1v1? Seems unfair...

• Raycharr

Raycharr Void-Bound Voyager

There is a small bug (I am assuming it is a bug at least) that prevents you from viewing the information panel for a building when it is covered by fog of war. Instead of the building info panel, it shows the info panel for the terrain below the building. Was discovered on the PC version, not sure if it happens on other platforms or if that really even matters. This is a small thing so it is not really urgent, but I figured it would be nice for you to know of it. Thanks for all the work you guys put into this awesome game!

• Badkarma12

Badkarma12 Space Hobo

On the switch version at least the cursor needs to reset to the middle tile on the visible screen rather than the upper right hand corner of the map. As it is the camera will keep from wherever it's starting point is and if you click it will open a menu either entirely or mostly offscreen which can lead to some annoyance and misclicks.

• Shubeans

Heya, unfortunately Linux isn't officially supported right now and I genuinely have no way of offering suggestions or helping.
                              We are still looking into an official support, and will have more information in the near future!

Captain Rage likes this.
                              • bpeppers93

bpeppers93 Space Hobo

[Switch]

I joined a quick play match and was matched with someone. However it seems they left the lobby and there was an "empty" slot where their avatar had previously been. I left the match too. But now whenever I try to search for a quick play match, it tells me it's looking for a match for like 1 second then it brings me back to the "Multiplayer games" screen. I can't join any quick play matches anymore. My list of ongoing multiplayer games is empty. Exiting the program and restarting my Switxh have not helped alleviate the situation. It's been about 10 or 15 minutes so far.

EDIT:

After 40 minutes the game still refused to search for quick play matches. However, after I created a private lobby, I tried searching again for a quick play match, and it worked! I am still technically on the private lobby (that is, it's still listed in my active games).

[Switch]

Periodically during quickplay, my turn will randomly end after like 10 seconds. There's not a clear pattern for this, and it always seems to happen when I haven't checked the timer -- but I absolutely know it hasn't given me 2 minutes. Sometimes I'm able to move a unit or two before I'm cut off. Other times I haven't moved a single unit yet when my turn ends. This hasn't happened in single player or online private lobbies, just quick play.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
                                • VR Trooper PYRO

VR Trooper PYRO Space Hobo

First of all I'm loving the game! Currently working on a short campaign to learn the ropes. Now to my issue; it concerns Gates as triggers/conditions to events.

So I've got an event set up called Main Gate breached. When triggered it should display a dialogue box and changes the objective of the map.

The condition is where I'm having the issue; I can't get it to trigger. I've used the obvious Unit: Lost, setting it for Any Unit/Structure owned by Player 3 at the location I created and didn't work.

To clarify, I went into the Unit Properties of the to ensure that Player was assigned to Player 3.

I also tried Unit: Killed, none of it seemed to work.

SOLUTION: After trying different options I discovered a way of triggering it; Unit: Presence. I set it to Does Neutral have exactly 0 of Any Unit/Structure at Outer Gate (my created location marker). Note this works regardless of what Player setting in Unit Properties of the Gate is set to.

• Zarupta

Zarupta Space Hobo

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue I am - game crashes as soon as the intro cutscene stops, with the error message:

Halley has aborted with an unhandled exception:

Node "~" (null) at "(1:1)" is not a map type
                                    0#00000001400612CD in Wargroove64
                                    1#000000013F54B5A1 in Wargroove64
                                    2#000000013F553E48 in Wargroove64
                                    3#000000013F7633CB in Wargroove64
                                    4#000000013F75CF8C in Wargroove64
                                    5#000000013F7D57AF in Wargroove64
                                    6#000000013FFD2A86 in Wargroove64

I've tried deleting my options file in the Wargroove folder, reinstalling the game, telling steam to skip the intro cutscene, even did a clean reinstall of my graphics drivers. No luck. =/

I also emailed Chucklefish support, but it's been 20 hours and haven't heard back, which is why I came here.

edit: Game still won't launch. Still received zero response from the devs. :nurusad:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
                                    • Ivaer

Ivaer Space Hobo

I'm having the same 1:1 map type issue- with the same results from attempted troubleshooting- as Zarupta. Options, playerprogress file, video driver, skipping cutscene, etc.; still crashes on launch.

This began after my computer blue-screened during a mission about half an hour ago, and I would REALLY prefer not to have to start completely over, as I was 15 or so missions in.

Edit: I've verified that if I move my Roaming/Wargroove folder with my progress and such in it, then reinstall the game, it'll let me play it. However, all my progress is gone. If I then replace the then-re-created Roaming\Wargroove folder with my backed up data, it starts crashing again (and if removed and the new folders put back it'll run again).

I appreciate any help that can be offered!

Edit2: It looks like the achievement files are the ones that are causing the problem. I can replace the options and playerprogress files and have the game run (Steam cloud sync turned off), but it errors out when I move over either of the achievement files. So I guess I just have to start over. Really kind of frustrating, after all that time spent.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
                                        Zarupta likes this.
                                      • Zarupta

Zarupta Space Hobo

It's a real shame, this was the first game I was looking forward to for a long time. Now, it looks like I just lost 8 hours of gameplay, and my every attempt to reach the devs for help has been met with silence. I almost want to start over by completely purging all game files, because I was enjoying the game enough to warrant it, but what if this happens again?

• Shubeans

Guys. We do not work on weekends. Please do not think we are ignoring you; we literally aren't in the office.

@Zarupta Have you tried removing the achievement files like Ivaer has suggested?
                                          The achievement files shouldn't cause you to need to start over again, they are saved within steam regardless.

How about removing the wargroove folder, relaunching the game, close then return all of the .bak into it and removing the .bak from the file name?

And are you definitely sure Steam Cloud is disabled? You may need to disable it from Wargroove as well as Steam properties itself

Captain Rage and Ivaer like this.