1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

water problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by edensgenesis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. edensgenesis

edensgenesis Void-Bound Voyager

About a week ago I had admin mode on and while entering a command to spawn healing water before I even pressed enter the game froze for 5 seconds (which is a common thing with or without admin commands) and instead of spawning 999 water it spawned in 999999999... water which is way too much. I placed a background and bunch of drains but it had been a week already since I left the game idle on this location and it still not draining out. So I wonder will this ever drain out or I lost this planet forever?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    DemChanges likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

At some point it will drain but it will take a while. If you remember the point on which you spawned the water you could try to build over said spawnpoint. This would at least prevent even more water coming from the spawn so that you only have to drain. If it is on the surface the background will also act as a (slower) drain.

DemChanges and edensgenesis like this.
  3. edensgenesis

edensgenesis Void-Bound Voyager

OOh thank you the spawn point thingy you mentioned is a great idea. I will see if I can built it up. And yeah it is on the surface of the planet it just seemed like building drains would speed it up somehow but it didn't.

Edit: Well this is weird. I built up the source yet there is still bunch of water coming from everywhere. I removed some small sections of water, made like small rooms but soon as I open just a little bit it pours in like the source is coming from everywhere. Seems like I transformed this planet into an ocean now, feels the same, no matter how many water I remove it comes back in.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    DemChanges likes this.