REQUEST Watering Can & Hoe Area Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Komadori, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Komadori

Komadori Void-Bound Voyager

I, like many others I imagine, am quite irritated that the iridium Hoe and Watering Can don't water/till a 5x5 square to match the iridium sprinkler, but more than that, the whole progression of those tools doesn't really make sense to me.

The current setup for these tools is as follows:

1x1 (1), 1x3 (3), 1x5 (5), 3x3 (9), 3x6 (18)

It just seems nonsensical to me, so my request is that the areas change as follows:

1x1 (1), 1x3 (3), 3x3 (9), 3x5 (15), 5x5 (25)

This way it matches the progression of the quality => iridium sprinklers.

I know people say this is too OP, but the way I see it is you need 1 iridium bar to make a sprinkler. You need a whopping 5 to upgrade your tools. :/

I understand this may be something that is hard coded into the game, as I searched high and low for a mod that did something to this effect and came up empty. Better Sprinklers did something like this with the sprinkler areas and even made it configurable, so who knows? Anyway thanks in advance if this is possible or thanks anyway if not. :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Better sprinklers only worked for *expanding* the area, not remove or edit the vanilla values because those are hardcoded, the same goes for tools.

• Komadori

Yeah. I figured it might be something like that. Thanks for replying anyway. :)

• Komadori

Oh! There was another sprinkler mod. I think it was called “Basic Sprinkler Improvement.” It was able to configure the vanilla area of the basic sprinkler.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/833/?

Would this help? It’s fine if not. I’m just brainstorming.