Race We need a MIMIGA RACE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Latios, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Latios

Latios Orbital Explorer

Heres my add-on to this bland suggestion I made earlier. Sorry for not elaborating, as I was busy at the time.

Here you go if you couldn't find it below:

First of all, I didn't mean to replicate the exact race from the game, "Cave Story". I meant to only use the idea and base something off of that. Now, on with that paragraph you requested. To deal with the character sprite issue, I say that we could just make them look like any other race, but having a small tail as rabbits do, and a mimiga-like head. For the copyright issues, well, don't make them look like Mimigas, just similar, and just make them be called something like "Crabbits", like "Cave Rabbit" or something. They could live in underground colonies, such as a large cavern expanse (would make the underground worth digging through! Woo!) with shack-like houses built in it. They would sell things such as ores (heck, they live underground), food (as there isn't a village that doesn't sell food!), clothing such as miner's clothes, weapons, mining equipment, and other things of the like. The race's armour would appear to mostly be made of cloth and furs, would make your warmth decrease more slowly (furry coat?) and makes it to where you can see in the dark a bit better. (No, I don't mean adding a ring of light or something around it, I mean something like a Night Owl potion from Terraria) Their racial food would be stuff like carrots, carrot cake, carrot stew, that kind of thing. Their starting racial clothing would be stuff like a patchwork shirt and stuff of the sort. Their ship would be your basic kind of ship layout, but a darker, grey, stonier appearance and a large drill (Maybe the rocket is a repurposed drilling machine?) on the front of it above the room with the flight navigator console. Their "Theme" of objects and items would be repurposing things such as a sword being made out of a sharp piece of scrap metal welded onto a large pickaxe or hammer. Some weapons they would be able to make is the sword talked about a bit earlier, a spear made out of a drill tip and a long steel beam, and a dagger made out of a broken dinner plate attached to a screwdriver handle.

I cannot think of anything else I need to cover at the time, tell me if there is anything else I need to write about.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

We kind of need more out this suggestion than that. Any race suggestion needs a good level of detail to get off the ground. I'm talking paragraphs. Possibly dozens.

Then there's the fact that this race is from another franchise. Not only is it somewhat unimaginative, but it also brings up the issue of copyright laws.

And there's also the issue of races needing to follow the same humanoid sprite structure for the sake of reusing equipment art assets across all races.

3. Latios

Latios Orbital Explorer

k then, here goes

First of all, I didn't mean to replicate the exact race from the game, "Cave Story". I meant to only use the idea and base something off of that. Now, on with that paragraph you requested. To deal with the character sprite issue, I say that we could just make them look like any other race, but having a small tail as rabbits do, and a mimiga-like head. For the copyright issues, well, don't make them look like Mimigas, just similar, and just make them be called something like "Crabbits", like "Cave Rabbit" or something. They could live in underground colonies, such as a large cavern expanse (would make the underground worth digging through! Woo!) with shack-like houses built in it. They would sell things such as ores (heck, they live underground), food (as there isn't a village that doesn't sell food!), clothing such as miner's clothes, weapons, mining equipment, and other things of the like. The race's armour would appear to mostly be made of cloth and furs, would make your warmth decrease more slowly (furry coat?) and makes it to where you can see in the dark a bit better. (No, I don't mean adding a ring of light or something around it, I mean something like a Night Owl potion from Terraria) Their racial food would be stuff like carrots, carrot cake, carrot stew, that kind of thing. Their starting racial clothing would be stuff like a patchwork shirt and stuff of the sort. Their ship would be your basic kind of ship layout, but a darker, grey, stonier appearance and a large drill (Maybe the rocket is a repurposed drilling machine?) on the front of it above the room with the flight navigator console. Their "Theme" of objects and items would be repurposing things such as a sword being made out of a sharp piece of scrap metal welded onto a large pickaxe or hammer. Some weapons they would be able to make is the sword talked about a bit earlier, a spear made out of a drill tip and a long steel beam, and a dagger made out of a broken dinner plate attached to a screwdriver handle.

I cannot think of anything else I need to cover at the time, tell me if there is anything else I need to write about.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014