1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback We need elevators back.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by kikinaak, Nov 23, 2019.

1. kikinaak

kikinaak Pangalactic Porcupine

Coming back after a few months and I find elevators gone. Am I the only one who thinks rolling them into rails and putting them behind Tier 4 materials was a mistake?

Think about early game on your first planet. You have to dig down to the core to get fragments to open up that gate. Wooden elevators were awesome for this and a far safer compared to platform drop shafts. The rail system is more flexible yes, and that flexibility being behind a higher tier is probably as it should be. But leave us the basic fixed length lifts for use before we reach that tier. They werent as flexible in placement, but they worked.
    I mean, we have an admittedly broken starship and a landscaping pistol, one would think we could manage a simple platform on a rope and pulley system.

From an aesthetic point, the elevators could be made from any material. The rail station currently has rusty and composite rails and platforms, and the tram. If you are building a wooden tree house or clockwork steampunk style, they just dont look right like the old wooden and mechanical elevators did. Another example of them being useful is ship upgrades that add additional decks to the ship, especially hylotl and glitch ships which get them earlier. I really cannot see any reason for their removal.

2. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

You could always build yourself a water based elevator^^