1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapon Assembly 2.1.3

This mod will let you break weapons into parts and then combine the parts into new weapons!

1. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. AlbertoRota

3. AlbertoRota

It's been a good day!!!
    Let me know if you found any bugs or if you have any question!!! (First read the updated homepage pls.)
    And please, delete old weapon parts, I've changed them again :nurusad:

4. Enarkz

Enarkz Void-Bound Voyager

Hello , im not getting any weapon from the assembly and rarely get generic items. I have Frackin Universe on is it not compatible yet ? Thank you

5. AlbertoRota

Pls, upload the log and tell me what weapons / parts are you using.

6. Enarkz

Enarkz Void-Bound Voyager

Don't want to look like the first nab coming but how do we upload the log ? If this is a crash report i don't have any so i can't. i'm using basic parts such as level pistol part level 1 machine gun barrel lv1 rocket barrel lvl1... all combinations possible of theses three weapons too

7. RedAndrew

RedAndrew Aquatic Astronaut

So compatible with all but the saw cool thanks :nuruspice:

AlbertoRota likes this.
  8. AlbertoRota

You are a new member, only 2 post and both in this thread, no problem with that, we all were "new" when we started.

You can read more about it in this two threads:
    You ALWAYS have a log, even if the game crashes on start, even if nothing bad happens, you ALWAYS have a log, read the threads linked before to get more detailed information.

It sounds like you have an outdated version of the mod, or that you are using parts generated with different versions of the mod.
    Sadly, without a log and with that description, i can't know anything, let me point you to an exceptional bug report done by @macilnor in Manufacturer's Touch, i need something like that to be able to solve anything.

9. AlbertoRota

If you use 0.4.0, it should be compatible with EVERYTHING, let me know if you face any problem / incompatibility.

10. AlbertoRota

11. AlbertoRota

12. Avito

Avito Subatomic Cosmonaut

nice ^^

AlbertoRota likes this.
  13. AlbertoRota

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Im noticing an issue. Weapons seem to be losing damage no matter what you do. IE I put in a rocket launcher with like 24 damage. Remove one part, then immediatly put it back, and now magically the gamage is more than 50% lower than what it was. Doing it again doest lower it any more, but the initial time it does. This results in all weapons you attempt to change to be segnificantly weaker than they should be.

Doing some testing, it seems like it doesnt take the weapon's level int consideration when doing calculations for damage. Vanilla weapons seem to not be effected since they are only generating as level 1 regardless of rarity. This is a huge problem for my weapons because I use the weapon level to boost the stats based on rarity.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  15. AlbertoRota

Can you please send me another mini-mod to test that?
    As far as I can tell, parts take weapon level into account, so three lvl 6 parts produce a lvl6 weapon, and a lvl 6 weapon produces three lvl 6 parts.

16. lazarus78

Blub... I really hate how Chucklefish decided to do weapon damage calculations. Rather than setting damage per shot and rate of fire (They did at one point, but decided to change from it), they decided going with rate of fire and damage per second which makes no sense.

Let me see if I can quickly throw something together again.

Ok, try this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wq5vi5xoztqarq3/TEST.zip

Spawn IDs are "<rarity>lfc<type>"

type being "rifle", "sniper", or "launcher", which I included to round out testing options.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    AlbertoRota likes this.
  17. AlbertoRota

Again, Thank you for your effort, I will look into it as soon as I can. :nuruwink:

18. lazarus78

No, thank you for looking into it. I would be lost if I had to do it myself, and compatibility with this

AlbertoRota likes this.
  19. AlbertoRota

20. lazarus78

Well crap. I'll fix that when I get a chance.

AlbertoRota likes this.