Modding Discussion Weapon Cosmetic - I hope someone will do this.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Bakubakuba, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Bakubakuba

Bakubakuba Subatomic Cosmonaut

In beta I was asking about that to land in the 1.0 version of the game.
    Idea is simple but making it is harder probably.

On your character screen there would be X number of weapon slots [weapons would be normally equiped into your action bar but would be sloted there] and each would have a cosmetic slot next to it [like armors have] if the weapon type matches short sword an short sword, staff and staff etc. then the look of the weapon is changed.

---

Last post telling that threre are mods that help but not enough:

Weapon Assembly + Weapon Fusion Station - are not enough.

With using mods like fracking universe most weapons either can't be changed in apearance by Weapon Assembly and don't tranfer stats correctly in Weapon Fusion.

Either the slot mechanic idea or some improvement to both mods [fusion?] would be required to really change my situation.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. Bakubakuba

Ewentualy a machine where you can trash a weapon and it will keep look of that weapon. You can then use this machine to change look of weapon to one of the stored looks.

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I believe such a mod exists now, if I understand what you want. You can combine different weapons to choose the look of one, the abilities of the other, etc.

4. Bakubakuba

@bk3k Stats of one skin of the other yes. Do you know this mod?

5. DiesePower

DiesePower Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I know this mod, it's called Weapon Fusion Station! It can be found both here on the Forums, or in the Workshop.

6. Bakubakuba

@DiesePower - Thank you very much. This is just the thing I was looking for. I didn't check "crafting & building" section so that's my bad.

7. Bakubakuba

There is also mod "Weapon Asembly" which separates parts of weapons and allows to "mix and match".

Only sad thing for me that it can't match different weapons because I use 1 handers and there is a lot of good 2 hander art.

8. FPSUsername

FPSUsername Phantasmal Quasar

With other words, just like trove has it. I like the idea, but then you should only be able to select per weapon class (wouldn't it be weird to have a gun hidden as a sword :D)

Sent from my oneplus2 using Tapatalk

9. Bakubakuba

Nice two handed katana blade could be autorescaled to be a blade of a short sword. Maybe not even rescaled but it would be taken from the bottom/base so it would be the longest possible size.
    With guns shotgun or a rocket launcher, sniper rifle or assault rifle, pistol and machine pistol don't differet in look enough that it would cause any problems.

I like both ideas: Exchange look of one with stats of the other and the option to break items apart. Combining this and allowing in both cases exchange/mixing items from similar categories [less or more similar depening on types] - it would be the best soluition.

10. Bakubakuba

Weapon Assembly + Weapon Fusion Station - are not enough.

With using mods like fracking universe most weapons either can't be changed in apearance by Weapon Assembly and don't tranfer stats correctly in Weapon Fusion.

Either the slot mechanic idea or some improvement to both mods [fusion?] would be required to really change my situation.